[Feature] Obsidian Mobile: Allow toggling between phone and tablet interfaces

Platform

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.4.1

I have a phone that has a screen size nearly that of a mini tablet, and would like to be able to opt in to using the tablet interface that is offered for such devices as the iPad.

1 Like

This doesn’t work on my average size phone, but what if you hold the phone in landscape (to possibly trigger a width-based breakpoint) and then restart Obsidian (to reload the interface at the wider width)?

1 Like

Just tried it; it does nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though!

You only have Android checked, but it would be useful on my max-sized iPhone, too. :wink:

1 Like

I have a max iPhone and some apps do that, but not Obsidian.

1 Like

One way to trick the app into thinking you’re on a tablet could be to change the screen dpi with developer settings. That’s what I did for Notion and OneNote (because OneNote’s mobile interface is terrible).

1 Like

I got a Tasker thing going when I need the tablet interface, but it’s funky and takes a second to switch DPI.

At present, Obsidian Mobile tries to detect whether the device is a phone or a tablet. The detection is not accurate.

A toggle setting would remedy this: it would allow Obsidian to detect the user’s preferred layout scheme with 100% accuracy.

2 Likes