[Feature] iOS share sheet extension

I am new to Obsidian and was surprised that there isn’t a Share Sheet extension for iOS.

Maybe I’ve become spoiled. I just thought Share Sheet was built in for most iOS apps, especially apps as awesome as Obsidian.

So yes: I am absolutely in agreement that there needs to be an update to Obsidian that includes this (now) much-missed feature.

:kite:

+1, I could use Obsidian for a number of things that I currently have to round trip through TickTick for currently.

I thought that said TikTok, and was very confused.

Also, have you tried my shortcut above?

+1 Greetings, and I also want to put in a vote for Obsidian to be included in the share sheet.

Thanks

+1 for so many usecases useable

I couldn’t get this shortcut to work.
Notes and highlights file doesn’t exist.
I tried creating a file with that name in Obsidian but still no luck.
Thanks for working on it.

Here’s an updated version that fixes the problem: Save to Obsidian 1.1.1

Yes another +1 for this request

The lack of a share to obsidian is a major inhibitor for me, in moving over from bear.
I want to settle on one app for all 2nd Brian notes … at the moment I am split Bear/Obsidian and TheBrain.

Send a select of web page to Obsidian
Send a web page to obsidian (option images or not)
Send select text from other apps to obsidian

Import to obsidian options as new note, as a link, append / pretend to existing note etc … ie much like bear

Still think obsidian is great ! :slight_smile:

Added support for importing webpages: Save to Obsidian 1.2.

As always, feedback is welcome.

I’ll be the best friend of who pulls this off. I’ll even buy them ice cream.

That might be possible with a shortcut as well, see

My shortcut handles this as-is.

1 Like

Save to Obsidian 1.4 iOS share sheet shortcut is out. This release automatically embeds YouTube videos.

If there’s somewhere else that would be better/more visible to post this, please let me know.

3 Likes

Save to Obsidian 1.5 is now available. This version includes auto-updating, so please download!

2 Likes

Bumpski :nerd_face:

“Not that long ago, in a galaxy not that far away…”

Looks like Obi-wan-sidian was cut down by the insidious Darth Friction…

But @Calion provided “A New Hope” with a “Save to Obsidian.”

Will the Council of Devs heed the calls for [Feature] iOS share sheet extension before it’s too late?

Okay, the analogy gets lost somewhere in the deserts of Tatooine, but for serious, any updates on this in Roadmaps, etc.?

#minds_gonna_inquire

4 Likes

will be implemented in v1.2.0

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.