[Feature] Adding CSS Snippets to Obsidian Mobile

Maybe this is possible, but currently it does not seem possible to add css snippets to the mobile app on iOS. The only I can find to do this is to have the mobile device synced with a desktop vault that has all theme information to sync. I do use sync, but want to have some mobile only settings that are not necessarily synced with a desktop instance of Obsidian. And I’m sure many users who primarily work on a tablet need a way to add snippets.

4 Likes

You can use iOS / iPadOS applications like “Working Copy” to access the snippets folder and to create or manage your css files.

1 Like

That’s a really helpful tip, but I think for most users it would still be great to have a way within Obsidian to drop in snippets.

What about putting in an FR for the My Snippets plugin to support mobile? It works nicely with the desktop version.

I haven’t used that plugin–that could also be a good feature. But it seems like the core app should provide the ability to edit and add snippets.

Hmm since I’m using obsidian sync there’s no way for me to do this on mobile.

Trying to apply this bug fix: Unreachable exit button in certain settings screens

For now, you can use the Taio app or this super useful plugin from within Obsidian: GitHub - Zachatoo/obsidian-css-editor: Edit CSS snippets in Obsidian.

1 Like