[Bug] Obsidian Sync not syncing CSS snippets to IOS

Platform

[ X ] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.4.1

I have been searching the forums on this for several days now and finding things like this which seems to be my exact issue but was unanswered, and these other related, but not-quite-the-same issues.

My issue is that I’m using CSS snippets on desktop just fine, but they do not appear at all in the IOS app. I understand that the hidden .obsidian folder in which the snippets live is hard to EDIT on iOS as it is invisible, but I’m not looking to edit, I’m just looking for the CSS to be recognized on iOS at all, and display the custom CSS. It’s like it doesn’t even see it at all on iOS. “No CSS snippets found.” under the “CSS Snippets” Header in the Appearance menu on iOS. On Mac OS there are two in there, just as expected.

Does anyone know why this could be happening with all-Obsidian apps (Mac OS, iOS, and Obsidian Sync)? Thanks in advance!

Check that under Settings>Sync → Vault config sync that “Themes and snippets” is toggled ON for both desktop and phone/ipad. You might need to restart Obsidian on both. Once that’s toggled on for both, snippets (and themes) will, or should, sync back and forth.

1 Like

YES! That did the trick. Thank you so much @ariehen !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.