Unreachable exit button in certain settings screens

Steps to reproduce

iOS on iPhone 13 Pro:

• go to Settings and select Sync
  • note the x in the upper right corner is clearly visible and tap-able
  • in the Deleted files section tap View
  • note that the x is now commingled with the WiFi/battery indicator and is NOT tap-able
    This leads one to wonder why this screen cannot be exited, and lead to killing the app.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes. Tried with vanilla obsidian and with different themes. This also happens in a few plugins properties pages.

Expected result

X is there and selectable

Actual result

X is not selectable and obscured by WiFi and battery indicator
Cannot exit screen.

After poking around a bit, found that rotating the phone will expose the x so that it can be selected

Environment

In a grand irony of ironies, the debug info screen is ALSO one of the screens that has this issue.

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 17.0.3 (Apple iPhone)
Obsidian version: 1.4.16 (114)
API version: v1.4.16
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: Obsidian Nord v0.2.0
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 0
Plugins enabled: 0

1 Like

You can use this CSS snippet for the time being to move the “X”. Adjust the right: 12px as desired.

.is-phone .modal .modal-close-button {
    top: calc(var(--safe-area-inset-top) + 10px);
    right: 12px;
}

https://help.obsidian.md/Extending+Obsidian/CSS+snippets

For the record, I see the misplaced “X” exit icon in

• The Show debug info screen
  • Settings > Sync > Remote vault → Manage
  • Settings > Sync > Deleted files → Bulk restore
  • Settings > Sync > Excluded folders → Manage
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Steps to reproduce

1. Install any plug in that includes details after you install like Excalidraw.
  2. Pop up will come up and the close button will be under the battery.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? N

I am on the default theme on a blank vault with like 2 files and 2 plugins. I was updating Excalidraw when this happened.

Expected result

The close button to be able to be selected.

Actual result

The close button was where my battery indicator is. I had to force close the app in order to bypass the screen.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 17.2 (Apple iPhone)
Obsidian version: 1.4.16 (114)
API version: v1.4.16
Login status: not logged in
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 2
Plugins enabled: 2
1: Excalidraw v2.0.4
2: Handwritten Notes v1.3.5

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

Screenshot showing what I mean…

The CSS snippet linked above may help with the Excalidraw screen. It’s likely the same issue.

1 Like

Why do I have to use a CSS snippet? Seems like a bug that needs to be fixed by the devs.

Just annoying that this is the “solution”.

You don’t have to. But until the bug is fixed, it’s an option. It’s not marked as the solution in the other bug report.

1 Like

Okay, I couldn’t check cause i’ve been traveling all day but that is good to know. Thanks guys! Sorry for the attitude earlier.

Another way to bypass the screen is to tap in the area at the bottom (anywhere below red line in attached photo).

I imagine it will also work on an iPhone 11, but am not 100%. Good luck!

2 Likes

Another way is to rotate the phone sideways and the X becomes selectable.

I cannot reproduce this. For me on my iPad X is as not selectable in both vertical and horizontal positions. Sometimes after I turn the screen many enough times I might be able to get it closed by tapping the X in many enough times. Seems pretty random through.

If you haven’t already, try the css patch described above. I’ve used that since they let me know about it and it’s been fine for me. I’ve got a note for myself to specifically delete that snippet when the bug is fixed.

This looks fixed in the early access version 1.5.4 (118).

Once the public version is released, everyone can retire their snippet.

yes improvements where made here. Let me know if there are still unreachable spots.