I currently use MindManager for documenting client work, and am looking to replace it with Obsidian. One feature that is crucial for this is being able to export the complete vault as a single HTML 5 (or other) file that my tech-limited clients can view in a browser. Optimally it would look similar to a vault posted using the new Obsidian Publish feature.
- It needs to be offline because this is personal, private information.
- It needs to be simple to access because these clients are not techies.
- It needs to be easily archivable for the client, not needing ongoing payment of hosting fees.
- It needs to be relatively easy to export for me, not requiring conversion of dozens or hundreds of md files into html and kludging together some interface for example.
- It needs to preserve backlinks and embeds.
- Preferably (but not critically) it should include options for the left sidebar folder tree, page outline, and graph similar to the Publish implementation.
I’ve used MindManager for files with hundreds of “topics” containing hundreds of thousands of words and many images. The files get large-ish (25MB) but manageable, and the convenience for the client is wonderful.
Here’s a link to an example MM export file to show a little of what I mean. You can just click the link to open it online or download it and open it locally.
[Edited for clarity and focus.]