DUNGEONS & DRAGONS (D&D) or any TTRPG question

@valentine.195
I just tried to manually install from Github.

How do I open up the tracker? I read the README and it’s not opening.

If it’s installed and enabled, a button should have been added to the right pane (where the tags and back links are) that looks like a d20. That’s the initiative tracker.

Thank you. I completely overlooked that. :slight_smile:

@valentine.195

How do you save the homebrew monsters to the 5e statblock plugin to pull them into the Initiative tracker? Is this a folder i need to make or does it pull from a spreadsheet?

Actually pulling from a spreadsheet would be a awesome way to store an index of the homebrew monsters? Is that a possibility?

Also are you able to add more simple options to the tracker like the 6 to 8 attributes for most games RPG ?

EXAMPLE: You already have hp and ac etc. It would only populate if there was data. 4 stats = 4 icons. 8 stats = 8 icons.

What do you think?

If you have the 5e statblocks plugin installed and you make a custom monster in a note using it, it will have a save icon on the rendered statblock. Clicking this icon saves it so you can re-use it later using the monster field. See the ReadMe for more information.

The initiative tracker plugin can read these saved monsters and make them available when adding a new creature to a combat.

I have plans on adding a “creature view” of the currently active or selected creature that would show you more info about it, such as traits, attacks, spells etc (similar to Improved Initiative, if you’re familiar with that).

Reading from a spreadsheet is possible, but not ideal - it won’t be live, for instance, so any changes you make would need to be re-imported, and I’d have to make a specific format it would need to be in.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I’ll reread the README, maybe I missed that part. I was able to hit the save icon and pull it in. :slight_smile:

Creature view would be interesting and a nice shortcut to see the vital information.

I see the downfall on the spreadsheet now. Definitely not ideal.

I did notice that when I add creatures from the right side pane and hit the dice icon, I sometime get two of one of the creatures I added and not the other.

EXAMPLE A: (When I hit the dice icon most of the time it randomizes with both Monsters shown. These show in either first or second position.)
Monster 1
Monster 2

EXAMPLE B: (When I hit the dice icon some of the time. It randomizes, but shows only one of the monsters I added. This example shows Monster 2 in both the first and second position.)
Monster 2
Monster 2

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll take a look at that, definitely not supposed to happen.

No problem and anytime.

Is there a way to manually move the position order?

You can edit the initiative directly by clicking on the number. This is currently the only way.

Thank you. It worked.

nice to see you here paul :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I keep forgetting how much amazing stuff is in these forums!

I haven’t posted it here, but the Initiative Tracker is in the community plugin list now.

I also just released version 2.0 which has support for creating and launching encounters from notes. You can see more detail on the repository, but here it is in action:

I’ve done something … a little out there. :wink:
I use Fight Club 5 (for s few NPCs, my own characters, and to provide constrained compendiums for my players).
I’ve created GitHub - ebullient/fc5-convert-cli: Quarkus command line for merging FightClub 5 XML collections and converting them to markdown … which works with collections of sources from GitHub - kinkofer/FightClub5eXML: Creating XML files of all D&D sources compatible with Fight Club 5e and Game Master 5e apps for iOS and Android. (which are in turn derived from 5e tools), and then can convert those into obsidian markdown files (meaning they have YAML frontmatter and tags).

For those of you brave enough to try it, the templates are in the repo (I can tell you how to change them), and you can generate your own reference with just what you want.

I may add some more tricks over time to pull from other sources (of your choice), too

2 Likes

Is it possible to quickly turn all of the SRD refernce markdowns from twisterghost into the 5e statblock format?

I am very new to obsidian/coding language so its possible that I just dont know how to use this properly yet. LOVING this resource for my campaign though!

This is amazing

I’ve seen some CSS imitating the official dnd documentation on this site (namely here: "How to achieve" CSS code snippets - #41 by Lithou by @Lithou). Does anyone know if he has shared it or if there is something like it to find? :slight_smile:

Hey there!

I love your plugin, I was just wondering if there is anyway to add your own status conditions and mechanics to the list you already have stored?

There is not, but it is on my radar as a future improvement (along with parties). Just need to find the time!