I manage my to-dos with Obsidian, so I have lists of bullet points. I want to easily reorder them using the mouse.
Obsidian supports the 3-click, however there are two shortcomings
- The newline at the end is not selected. This leaves an empty line after dragging the selected text somewhere else and appends/prepends to the target line instead of opening a new one
- The beginning of a line is hard to find when dragging text, a few pixels off, and the dragging is canceled
This is a video of the problems:
- Make the 3-click select the newline at the end of the line; just one more character to the right!
- When dragging text in front of the line, do not cancel the operation, but prepend it to the line.
- select > cut > new position new empty line > paste > delete empty line left behind (from #40812
- Binding shortcuts to “Move line up/down”, but this is slower when moving over multiple lines