Steps to reproduce

Create a note with YAML front matter like so:

---
title: Text Expanders
date: [[2020-05-31]] 1:04 PM
tags: #software-dev #obsidian
---

Result

In edit view, I cannot follow links or open tags using ctrl+click or follow link hotkey

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Obsidian version: 0.6.7
  • Using custom CSS: No
10 Likes

+1. Same setup and same bug as @sam.baron.

As we discussed, this is not a bug but a design desicion to be finalized.
The current idea is to use the YAML fronmatter for dev\plugins metadata.
Users should not really use the YAML metadata directly. If users want to use a frontmatter, they can do so outside the YAML block, i.e.

---
YAML metadata
---

your frontmatter

--- 

or

---
YAML metadata
---

# your frontmatter
bla bla bla

# main text 
2 Likes

Wouldn’t that turn the notes into Obsidian notes instead of completely freestanding notes?

2 Likes

And having had a quick think about it, I’d rather Obsidian specific data to be in a database rather than contained in files I might want to use in other programs.

1 Like

obsidian support use # to add tags, it’s nice feature.

I use front-matter like:

---
title:
date:
categories:
tags: #tag1 #tag2 #tag3
---

hope to parse # tags in the front-matter

2 Likes

For the latest public version 0.8.9, you can use the Templates plugin to insert the front-matter. Just enable the plugin, then add a templates file whose content is as follow:

-–
title:
date:
categories:
tags:
-–

when you want to create a new note , simply click ‘Insert template’ to add the front-matter. The tags should work if they do exist.

2 Likes

And how could I set hidden the “your frontmatter” part in transcluded notes?
I mean, I would like to hide it like the Yaml frontmatter in transcluded notes, but I don’t know if this is possible. The closest thing is this, but is for the Yaml frontmatter: Meta Post - Common CSS Hacks - #400 by Klaas

@AMGMNPLK: I don’t know. Your best bet is to ask in Obsidian’s Discord css-themes channel.