California Coast Theme

@mgmeyers – that worked, thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi! I am really enjoying this theme, but it would give me great happiness to get the beautiful background behind the panels as shown in the screenshot (or some equivalent beautiful background!) But I can’t figure it out. When I turn the translucent setting on, I get a darker grey sidebar with the ghost of one of the ugly windows I have open on my machine visible behind it. When I turn it off, I just get a light grey sidebar. Is there a setting I’m missing to embed a pretty background image into the theme?

@schartkoff With translucency on, you’ll see whatever is underneath the obsidian window. In the screenshots, you’re seeing my desktop wallpaper showing through (see: https://4kwallpapers.com/gradients/macos-big-sur-apple-layers-fluidic-colorful-wwdc-2020-1455.html).

Oh, glad to know I’m not messing anything up (other than having too many really hideous windows open all the time?) Maybe the theme aesthetics will help me finally mend my ways.

Is there an easy way to override the “Pretty Quotes” for the block quote setting? I’ve tried to edit the CSS for this, but I’ve not found the right part to change. This is the only thing keeping me from switching to this theme from Minimal.

I am encountering exactly the same issue.

Happens from the moment I have text in italics between brackets (this).

I also have the issue when using Minimal as theme, or Gitsidian; when using the default Obisidian theme there is no PDF export issue.

Any update on this?

@AutonomyGaps for reference, here’s all the blockquote related CSS:

Here’s some CSS that will remove the quote icon in the editor:

.cc-pretty-editor .cm-formatting-quote {
  color: var(--text-normal) !important;
}

.cc-pretty-editor .cm-formatting-quote:before {
  display: none;
}

And you can use something like this to remove it from preview mode:

.cc-pretty-preview .markdown-preview-section blockquote:before {
	display: none;
}
1 Like

Hmm, interesting. Have you set a specific Body Font within the California Coast Settings plugin? If not, I’d be curious to know what happens if you set it to Inter or a default system font like Arial

Have you set a specific Body Font within the California Coast Settings plugin?

No, I did not.

If not, I’d be curious to know what happens if you set it to Inter or a default system font like Arial

After setting the “Body Font” to Inter: issue is gone; PDF export works fine :slight_smile:.

Wow, interesting. Are you on windows?

Terrific. Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, interesting. Are you on windows?

No, macOS.

Hey! Any news to this? Or am I doing something wrong.
Cheers,
Chrome

Hey, check out this comment: California Coast Theme

It seems that specifying a font in the theme settings helped bwydoogh

Okay, thanks.

But sadly I simply do not know how to do this…

Can you elaborate this to me please?

Thank you very much

Yeah, so first you’ll need to ensure that the California Coast Theme plugin is installed in Community plugins. Then you enter the body font you want to use here:

Does this make sense?

Thank you very much! This made sense and is quite easy. I simply missed to install the plugin. Works fine now.

Did you intend to modify the existing theme to prevent this from happening?

Yeah, once I have time to dig into what exactly is going on here. I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue on my machine.

ABSOLUTELY Be-a-u-ti-ful!!! Thank you so much

1 Like

Could someone help me? I want to align slated plugin check boxes, but I can’t find the elements in css.