Any way to integrate Grammarly as plugin?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work on Windows.

Grammarly does generally work on the Mac. Interestingly, with Evernote, it works on Windows but not the Mac.

An update on this issue.

For some reason I get glimpses of Grammarly working in my vault. Rarely it ill correct my writing and the error counter will popup but then disappear. It is however a sign that Grammarly integration could work but there’s something maybe on Obsidian’s side causing the recommendations to disappear.

Here’s a screenshot I taken when it happened (can’t reproduce the issue so I just snapped a screen in a private document, ended up blurring stuff out with some words where Grammarly showed me the recommendations):

This also only just popped up for me in October, I’ve never seen Grammarly work even partially before so this could be a sign of something changing?

You all can find numerous articles online were you’ll learn why this service is a keylogger. They can share whatever you ever typed with whomever 3rd party they like. Just read their license to understand the details.

Since Obsidian philosophy is “local-first” this service is clearly a violation of user privacy and data integrity.

Example article on reddit, you’ll find many more if you want.

1 Like

This capability comes with the Grammarly Desktop app on MacOS. If you like, you can add Obsidian to the Block List.

It’s been a while since someone posted a request about Grammarly desktop app integration.

All topics are closed now:

Plus there are several topics about bugs with Grammarly, so it is kind of a long sad story by now :slight_smile: And because there is no real issue tracker (and no connection between these posts and the issue) - no one is reading this story.

I’d like to use Obsidian for my English, but I believe that instant feedback is beneficial in that area, so having a tool like Grammarly, which can provide me feedback on grammar and word usage will increase the efficiency of my learning.

So, right now I’m using LogSeq, which has this feature. I’d like to try Obsidian for that purpose because at least I like to structure my notes with folders and in LogSeq it is a bit difficult.

1 Like

My god Simon, you’re the best and such a lifesaver man. huge respect for your hard work. one of the easiest setups I’ve ever done and huge props to you again.

thanks, it was really easy to do.