Any way to integrate Grammarly as plugin?

Hope to see this as a part of the community plugin, so it’s easier to install. For those who aren’t familiar, you’ll have to download and install in the obsidian/plugin folder directly.

Keep developing. Kudos.

1 Like

Good to see someone from Grammarly interested in developing this plugin.

Just feedback, besides the community plugin ease of installation, I noticed that some times the pop over does not show up all the time when we hover a word. Im not sure if its my theme. but just fyi.

2 Likes

Hmm… I’ll try and do some testing on it to see if I encounter that issue, and I’ll report back if I find it. In the meantime, I’ll try and scan @simonpacis’s repo too for issues specific to the Grammarly integration.

@simonpacis,
It’s working on my computer. This is a great improvement to my work.

Thank you!

@simonpacis - what a pleasure your integration is - really excited to see where this goes!

Great addition to Obsidian and an added value for Grammarly. Thank you!@

woohoo! thank you!
The installation is fairly easy if you know how to get to your vault’s plugin folder.
I almost cannot believe how well it integrates with Obsidian. It even follows dark mode!

1 Like

Not close
Esp if you’re comparing to MS Word add-in

I use the Grammarly Desktop, which is not fully integrated into Obsidian but works like a charm:

The best thing, it works essentially on any app you want.

2 Likes

I also have Grammarly desktop, but it doesn’t seem to work in Obsidian. @sspaeti did you need to do anything special? or did it work ‘out of the box’?

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thank you so much!

I’m also curious to know how you got this to work since I’m also using Grammarly Desktop and Obisidan but can’t get Grammarly to integrate.

Is it a platform thing? I’m on Windows. Maybe the MacOS desktop tools are more integrated with eachother?

I’m on a Mac, indeed. I don’t recall to have done something specific to work. And I’m always in the “Editing View” with “Live Preview”, just in case that makes any difference.

1 Like

Hmm seems to be a mac v windows thing? I am also windows and Grammarly desktop doesn’t work with obsidian for me

Yeah, there is definitely a way. I have tried it, and it works :slight_smile:
Just go through the following link, and you shall be good.

https://www.notion.so/sharondevsection/simonpacis-obsidian-grammarly-plugin-Add-Grammarly-spellchecking-to-Obsidian-md-02018d1cacad4c8681fa2f59a489e635

3 Likes

I just wanted to say I just started using your plugin today (0.22 release) and so far it is GREAT! Thank you so much for making this!

Hello, I’m started using your plugin, and I want to say your plugin is fantastic !!

Thank you so much, it helps me a lot.

1 Like

Seems like the plugin is not working anymore with the latest Grammarly and Obsidian:(

The plugin isn’t needed as Grammarly Desktop works in Obsidian directly.

Sighs: a plugin for Grammarly is a moot point, apparently Grammarly has decided to put up a middle finger to developers. There is an unofficial plugin here: GitHub - simonpacis/obsidian-grammarly-plugin: Add Grammarly spellchecking to Obsidian.md.; however, Grammarly is discontinuing its SDK and the plugin will stop working in January 2024. The Grammarly Desktop is not available for Linux, but if you have a Mac or Windows machine, it should work for you, maybe.
I, on the other hand, am just out of luck because I refuse to use Windows, and Mac is too expensive. Now excuse me while I cancel my Grammarly account and remove the browser extension. Grammarly is now persona non grata and dead to me until they pull their heads out of their fourth point of contact.

2 Likes