Aeon timeline integration

Aeon timeline is an app that allows for timelining events - think writers crafting storylines, historial researchers or people of the law creating case context or project managers trying to find optimal solutions.

I really like the idea but so far keep coming back way more to Obsidian as I don’t want to end up with maintaining text in two places.
What I miss in Obsidian, though, is a deep timeline tool. I am familiar with the plugins in the community but Aeon goes way beoynd what they can do.

Is there a chance to implement an integration via a plugin? They sync Ulysses and Scrivener and explain the process quite well here:

14 Likes

Aeon Timeline (AT) is helping me organize my fiction project, which involves many characters, events, places, and other ‘entities’. AT is already compatible with Ulysses and Scrivener, which keeps me in those environments for planning, organizing, and drafting both short (blog posts, essays, etc.) and longer (short stories, scenes, novellas, and novels) in Ulysses and Scrivener, respectively. If Obsidian integrated with AT, it would be large step closer to being a better long-form writing platform.

3 Likes

Yep, definitely would love to see Aeon Timeline integration!

Chiming in to add that I would also love an Aeon Timeline plug-in! Would make using Scrivener obsolete for me.

Here’s some more information about the file types used in Aeon Timeline 3 from the official forum - it’s .aeon, but overall seems to be a compressed JSON file with extra binary data.

Someone has created a script to export Aeon to Obsidian, and it’s really awesome, but not quite able to do things like sync.

Aeon Timeline can also be exported as CSV data. I’m sure there’s a way to get the two programs to ‘talk’ to one another, either via plug-in or a more complicated work around, but I don’t know enough to connect all the dots.