16 Obsidian Templates For Zettelkasten To Start With

@LeoLisboa : Did you use the “Template file” within the general settings of the “Book Search” plugin? You have to do it first, then try to create a book note.

I need Your help!

In this forum I shared some useful templates for Zettelkasten users:

Beginning with a reduced set of general templates I’ve started to add some more specialized types. My research leads me to model with like-minded groups of people working with Zettelkasten method. Groups with different learning approach and knowledge intensity.

The survey now is designed to help focus on users with the highest template needs.

Great idea. Yes, I’m interested in more specific templates. Here is my preferred group:

• Researchers & Scholars
  • Students & Academics
  • Creative Professionals
  • Knowledge Workers & Professionals
  • Self-Learners & Autodidacts
  • General Knowledge Collectors
  • Project Managers
  • Language Learners
  • Data Scientists & Analysts
  • Educators & Trainers
  • Others (please use comment)
0 voters

Thank You for sharing. :slight_smile:

May I ask, in the simplest terms, what would you do if you had 3 to 5 years of notes NOT in Zettelkasten? Thank you.

@FDCS - I would use the Importer plugin: GitHub - obsidianmd/obsidian-importer: Obsidian Importer lets you import notes from other apps and file formats into your Obsidian vault.

Ohhhh, my wording may have been confusing. I have been using Obsidian, but not Zettelkasten, for a few years now. I was wondering how the transition would go, and whether I needed to spend time refactoring what I have already done :slight_smile:

To share my experience: Before using Obsidian my preferred tool for note-taking was Microsoft OneNote. I imported my notes from OneNote to Obsidian in a first step to a separate folder in my vault including all subfolders from OneNote:

Now the content of my notes was allready searchable within Obsidian. :grinning: But I still takes time to revisit my notes, to add a front and a back matter, to add links and tags or to delete them if they seem to be no longer useful. :smiling_face_with_tear: