Workspace: Save current state, before switching

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before making a new feature request. If your request is very similar to an existing one, consider liking it and/or making a comment rather than making a new one. Once you’ve searched and determined that this is a new request, delete this line.

Use case or problem

I would like Obsidian to perform closed to a web browser.

When switching layouts, the current layout, and open files should be saved (instead of “stuck in time with old files”)

Proposed solution

Current workaround (optional)

I have to (a) remember to keep saving, (b) re-type the name of the workspace name I’m trying to edit.

Related feature requests (optional)

2 Likes

I thought there was already a request for this, but surprisingly not.

Related:

Slightly related: When jumping to a new workspace, autosave the previous workspace as "previous" so you can easily come back, which might be what you are talking about :sweat_smile:

1 Like

btw - why am I unable to edit my own post?!?!

Because you’re new here, by the looks of it. You’ll gain the ability after you’ve been around/active in the forum for a little while. (In the meantime I can edit if there’s something pressing that needs it.)

This was implemented a while ago. Use the command save and load another layout.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.