Word count for selected text

As in the title - add a toggle so that with no text selected, the word count is for the open note. With text selected, the word count is just for the selection.

9 Likes

+1! Some of my essays for school require a min/max word count. As someone that writes these essays in daily notes, of which likely have other text written in them, being able to see word count for selected text would be much helpful.

Maybe it’d be better if the word count for the entire note would still be there along with the count for selected text.

3 Likes

Just found that there’s a third-party plugin out now that pretty much does what you’re asking for @icebear + it does the same for number of characters.

I’m not sure if it has a thread in this forum, but it’d be great to make a bug report as it does this for mine:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Have posted this issue on GitHub: https://github.com/lukeleppan/better-word-count/issues/1

EDIT: Fortunately, it got fixed :3

1 Like

what is a toggle? Would you mind giving a brief step-by-step suggestion as to how I would be able to do this?

Related: A word counter that shows how many words there are in a selection of text, not just the whole note please!