What I thought was incorrect date parsing in Unique Note prefix format

I have the Unique Note core plugin setup to create a new note with the prefix YYMMDD. I noticed that it was creating a new note with prefix YYMMDD+5 and didn’t know why, and was trying to fix it, looking at the topic Incorrect Date Parsing in Unique Note Prefix Format.

Took a while to figure out (doh), the note has to be unique vault wide ie there is no other instance of title including YYMMDD in the whole vault. And I’m using the Obligator plugin with the format YYMMDD ddd D MMM :person_facepalming:

@WhiteNoise answers it in this comment Incorrect Date Parsing in Unique Note Prefix Format - #4 by WhiteNoise

I’m now using the date format YYMMDDHH for my new notes.

Hopefully this helps anyone with same issue.

Could you please separate your post so the problem is in the main post and the solution is in a comment? That way we can mark the comments as the solution, which will help future searchers. Thanks (and congrats on finding an answer to your problem)!