Web Clipper/Highlighter and Kindle highlights/notes extraction Extension

@Kuncy I finally made some updates this week. Release coming in next few days. See this github issue I think explaining your request and it is now fixed!

https://github.com/GitMurf/roam-highlighter/issues/32

@Michael so happy to hear it helped you with your kindle notes and highlights! I know it was a while ago but did you run into any issues? Sounds like an awesome stress test for my tool :wink: and if you didn’t have any problems I will be very very happy!

@lexane late to the party here sorry! Is there a link to where personal kindle document highlights and notes get stored? I can try and take a look. Thanks!

This would be great.

Hi! Also late to the party :slight_smile: It’s all in the “My Clippings” file on the Kindle as far as I know

@icebear update is out!! Check it out and let me know if I hit the mark!

HUGE update v2.0.2! Haven’t updated in several months. Here is a quick list of some of the new features / changes. Will be making a demo vide this week. Spread the word to your friends :wink:

• Auto Highlight Mode: When turned on, just select text and it will auto highlight instead of requiring Ctrl + X
  • can choose to remove links from pages (wikipedia annoying with all the links)
  • can add ellipsis at start and end if you choose when you highlight something mid sentence to show you didn’t highlight the whole sentence.
  • Dynamic parent page title / link creation with placeholders
  • Optimization for copying Slack conversations
  • Optimization for copying Github Issue comments
  • Custom date string formatting
  • Side window now loads in iframe which prevents native CSS from a webpage from affecting RH side window
  • Fixed kindle highlights extraction for German users
2 Likes

My extension in Firefox hasn’t update yet, but I look forward to trying it out once it does!

@icebear bummer! Firefox I haven’t been able to update because they have stop supporting some key items that I am using in the new update. I will try to figure it out. If you want to test out the new updates I encourage you to try Chrome :slight_smile:

Hi @smurfman111 !

Thanks you for that ! It’s great !
Just a little suggestion.
Could you consider that the text capture area could be windowed? This would allow you to move the window when working with two screens.
For people working with Vivaldi, it would allow to juxtapose the windows or even to put it in a panel. That would be super useful!
Thank you for your work!

1 Like

Hi all, quite late to the party, but does the extension bypass the kindle highlight export limits?

@themixx I didn’t know there were limits but since I just extract via the html behind the scenes, I don’t think there should be any limits.

1 Like