Using Astrological Symbols in Obsidian

I would like to include astrological symbols in my latest project, do you have any ideas how i might do this?

I have tried to use LaTex mathjax but the symbols aren’t included in the core package. There are symbols in the ‘wasysym’ package but I have no idea if this can be bolted on somehow?

Or maybe there is another way apart from using .png images

Thanks for your help!

Are the symbols you want to use possibly available as unicode characters? See

Here is another forum post on how to enter these unicode characters using Obsidian:

For a given subset of these characters like you’re talking about, it might be worth considering building a multi select list using something like QuickAdd to easily pick the one would like to insert.

These seem to work (iOS). The emoji below are coming from the forum software:

• Aries :aries:
  • Taurus :taurus:
  • Gemini :gemini:
  • Cancer :cancer:
  • Leo :leo:
  • Virgo :virgo:
  • Libra :libra:
  • Scorpio :scorpius:
  • Sagittarius :sagittarius:
  • Capricorn :capricorn:
  • Aquarius :aquarius:
  • Pisces :pisces:
 - Aries ♈︎
 - Taurus ♉︎ 
 - Gemini ♊︎
 - Cancer ♋︎
 - Leo ♌︎
 - Virgo ♍︎
 - Libra ♎︎
 - Scorpio ♏︎
 - Sagittarius ♐︎
 - Capricorn ♑︎
 - Aquarius ♒︎
 - Pisces ♓︎

By the way, which OS or devices are you using? The input methodology changes some related to where you’re using Obsidian.

Another neat list of some common unicode characters can be found here: Unicode/List of useful symbols - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

It’s not a complete list, but it also has nice comprehensive lists of other areas of unicode characters, which might be useful.

If you’re on MacOS, the following article might prove to be useful: Unicode: Adding Thousands of Characters to Your Mac

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.