Typing in Vietnamese language and diacritics

What I’m trying to do

I’m learning Vietnamese language and I have my keyboard settings setup to type in Vietnamese, and everything works fine in other apps but it won’t allow me to in Obsidian. For instance, if I type aa I should get the diacritic â. It doesn’t work in Obsidian though. My native language is English so I don’t want to change the display language under settings/general.

Things I have tried

I’ve looked around in the settings but I don’t see anything. I have Vietnamese language installed for spell checker.

I cannot reproduce this on mac sonoma 14.4 and obsidian 1.5.11. I used Vietnamese Telex keyboard (https://yourvietnamese.com/learn-vietnamese/type-vietnamese/). You have to provide more information on your configuration (OS, keyboard layout, Obsidian version) to get further help.

So I just tried it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ with same keyboard and had no problems. It seems to be just an issue on my Linux computer.

• ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 1 laptop.
  • I’ve tried using the onboard keyboard and the Logitech MX Keys Mini keyboard with the same results. I tried both telex and vni versions of the Vietnamese keyboard settings.
  • Fedora 39 with GNOME 45.
  • Obsidian 1.5.11 (Flatpak)

Ok. I suggest posting to Bug reports after waiting confirmation from mods that you should do so. See this post