'Translucent window' setting results in increasingly laggy window drag movements as mouse polling frequency increases

Obsidian version: v1.0.3
Installer version: v1.0.3
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045
GPU: RTX 2080 Ti

Same issue as described by others. It goes away if I turn off Windows transparency, but I would like to have Windows transparency.

1 Like

Just want to mention this is happening to me as well. Only happens with Translucent Window activated.

My current version of Obsidian is also: 1.0.3
Installer Version: 0.15.9
GPU: GTX 1070ti

you should update your installer to 1.03 also. And be sure to update all your community plug ins and Themes…

I have the same problem as you guys, but only while using Windows 10. When Windows 11 was installed on the same device and translucent window was on, I didn’t have any problems with that.

That might be a problem with W10, not your PC specs or the version you’re using.

still have this issue on latest version with windows 11

Same here. Windows 10. Latest GPU drivers.
Any fix in sight?

Steps to reproduce

1. Turn on “Translucent window” in settings.
  2. Try dragging the app by the title (or resize window).

Expected result

Moving or resizing the app window fast and without delay.

Actual result

https://imgur.com/a/9FUDRbF

Note that after the second cursor appears on the screen, the app window changes without my participation. It’s just that all my previous mouse movements (related to the app window) are played in slow motion.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.2.8
Installer version: v1.2.8
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Interesting; it happens only if I have Windows Settings > Colors > Transparency Effects turned on. So I can choose Obsidian transparency, Windows transparency, or neither, but not both. I’ll go with neither for now to save battery on my laptop, but I also had the issue on a desktop.

1 Like

Still happens on Windows 10 enterprise 21h2, obsidian 1.4.13
gtx 1060. also happens with intel 630.

Same issue. The lag disappears when turning it off.

Translucency support will be removed from Obsidian V1.6 because the api has changed again and it is even more broken than it was in past. We may revisit this at a later time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.