Toggle checklist status creates a regular list

Steps to reproduce

Type some text, then invoke the “toggle checklist status” command (e.g. ctrl-enter).

Expected result

Text should become a checklist item, prefixed with - [ ]

Actual result

Text becomes a list item, prefixed with - . A second invocation is required to make it a checklist item

Environment

• Operating system: Windows
  • Obsidian version: 0.11.5

Additional information

Problem looks to have appeared in 0.11.4 or 0.11.5; it was not present in 0.11.3.

1 Like

This might be a feature. If you invoke “toggle checklist status” again, it will turn the list into a checklist.

It’s not a feature to me, since it makes me have to do it twice for no useful purpose, and the name is wrong (it’s “toggle checklist status” not “toggle to a list or a checklist but not back again”, after all).

1 Like

Yeah, this is frustrating. There already exists commands to toggle a bullet list. I don’t want to have to toggle checklist status twice before I actually get a checklist item. Is there any way around this?

I thought it was a feature. I actually like the current behavior, being able to create bullet and checklists with the same keyboard shortcut.

will be fixed in 0.13.24

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.