Todoist Sync Plugin (v1.8.0)

Exactly. Glad it worked!

Glad you got it working @ajgxyz and thanks for stepping in and helping out @Erisred!

I do plan on reworking the way you setup the token for the API so its clearer and less error prone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been attempting the same, with no luck. Should the todoist-token file be made as an .md?

No extension is necessary. Just name the file exactly todoist-token and the only content is the key/token ID number.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. The plugin is still acting wonky for me. It seems to connect, but not consistently.

A question about the plugin (which I love). Is there a way to show completed tasks from a day in Obsidian? Looking to retain history in my daily notes.

1 Like

Hi, I can’t make the plugin work and would greatly appreciate any help. I’ve followed the following steps:

1. Download the plugin from Third Party Plugins.
  2. Create a text file in .obisidian with the name “todoist-token”
  3. Copy my todoist API token inside the file
  4. Enable the plugin
  5. Write the code in a note

I get the following in preview mode:

Hope someone can tell me what’s wrong, maybe it’s some silly thing. Thanks!

1 Like

Just tried out this plugin. It’s amazing!! Thanks for making it @jamiebrynes7!

By default the preview mode had some css that made it not super usable. In the instructions, I saw that you had provided some css that you used for the demo. But it doesn’t give me exactly what you have in your demo which would be the ideal. Mind sharing the whole snippet for a css n00b?

From the first question in the FAQ section of the following webpage, it seems that one cannot filter completed tasks for Todoist.

I am doing the same- is there an answer to this thread?

Same problem here. Any help appreciated.

I had the same problem with using a .txt for the API-Token.

For me, the following worked:

• In . obsidian copy e.g. workspace
  • Open with notepad, delete the content and paste the API-Token
  • rename the file to todoist-token

Excellent advice. Thanks. It initially did not work but then I tried to open a note with the code block on my windows machine instead of Mac and it worked. Once I was back at the Mac it worked. Quite strange.

Will it work with a free account?

Strange, I followed the steps above and have no idea where I am going wrong. I tried both creating a txt file from notepad and opening the workspace file and saving that after it only has the api token in there. Any thoughts?

Anyone?

I have a free Todoist account. I had stopped using this, so just as a test, I re-installed and tried it again to make sure it works. I had no issues.
All I can offer is the same advice as before:

• Make sure the file is in the root of the vault. vault-name\todoist-token - not in any folders.
  • The file name is todoist-token with no extension (no .md or .txt at all)
  • No other content in the file, just the key
  • You will need some css to style things. The plugin by default is a little messy. See the posts above for some ideas. edit - some styling is set on the plugin by default. See updates below. Thanks @jamiebrynes7!

If all else fails, use an iframe. This does the trick for me rather nicely:

<iframe src="https://todoist.com" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="700"></iframe>

Any further issues, you’ll have to get the attention of the plugin developer. Good luck!

Hi all,

Just released an update which contains a couple big features:

1. Improved setup flow whereby the plugin will prompt you for your token on startup if it does not find one.
  2. The ability to add tasks with an Obsidian command and modal.
  3. Default CSS implementation to make the plugin output look reasonable. Some tweaks may be required for your specific theme.

Check out the full changelog on GitHub and update in Obsidian to receive these updates.

For those of you who had issues with getting the plugin up and running, I’d recommend giving the update a go!

EDIT: Note that you will need Obsidian v0.10.2 or higher to upgrade to this version.

5 Likes

This is excellent and greatly appreciated. I am not following how to get the Add Todoist Task command to work however.

Can you provide more detail about the issues you’re running into?