Tiny scale of application GUI - can't use the program

I don’t know what caused it, I just had a Zoom call open along with the web browser and the Obsidian application (I’m on Windows 10), then I guess I closed the laptop. When I just opened it again, the scaling of text, GUI, everything in the Obsidian application was so tiny that I actually can’t work with it (see screenshot and compare application to system bar…)

I would be most grateful for any help in being able to use the program again!

What I already tried:
changing screen resolution, changing Windows scaling, restarting the laptop, using various compatability settings for the program, looking inside the .obsidian folder for configuration files

(note: this is not concerning the scaling of the text font, I can still change that using CTRL+scroll wheel, but at max size it’s still way to tiny… it’s the scaling of the whole GUI)

edit:
I’m on 0.13.19, no custom theme, no plugins

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.13.19
Installer version: v0.13.14
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Thank you very much

Try using CTRL-+ (that is ‘plus’ on the numeric pad on the right hand side of the keyboard, or else the key immediately to the left of the backspace key):
grafik

This will apply another kind of zooming.

If it does something you don’t like, you can undo that by using CTRL-minus or CTRL-ß (the key to the left of the first one)

Thanks a lot for your quick response which helped me solve my problem! I knew of the CTRL-+/- shortcuts and the problem is that they stopped doing anything as soon as my problem started (forgot to write that in my post). Now I just tried different key combinations with CTRL… and when I pressed CTRL-0, the GUI size reset! after that, the CTRL-+/- shortcuts also are working again! So that seems to be a bug that they stopped working…

Thank you very much, I can now use the program again!

Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.