Theme: Prism

:gem: Prism v2.2.0

:star2: New and Improved
• Styled HTML Progress Bars.
• Reworked the Custom Icons Hover system to work.
• Kanban Card’s text now spans the entire width of the card.
• Consistency improvements between all Editor views.
• Improvements to the Drag Ghost, Target Overlays, visibility of Inline Code, Menu popups, Community Plugins list, Vim cursors, Command Pallete / Slash Commands, Text Selection in the Pine Colour Scheme, File Type Tag in File Explorer and the ‘Add a card’ button in Kanban.

:toolbox: Added to Style Settings
• Added Colour options in Style Settings for Bold / Italic Text and Internal / External Links (Prism Theme ➜ Editor ➜ Editor Text Color).
• Added Style Settings toggles for Removing Card Counter and Centring Text in Kanban Lane Titles (Prism Theme ➜ Plugins ➜ Kanban).

:jigsaw: New Supported Community Plugins
• Quiet Outline.

:adhesive_bandage: Fixes
• Added a border for highlighted/selected options in Suggestion popups to help with contrast.
Code and kbd elements now render correctly in Quotes and Callouts while in Live Preview.
• Fixed the Titlebar text hide option.
• Buttons are now visible in the prompt when trying to disable safe mode.

:tools: Behind the Scenes
• The Wiki and mention of it in Style Settings have been removed. Might enable it in the future if I get some time to work on it again.
• Added Templates for Bug and Feature Requests in the Repo.
• Switched to esbuild from Grunt for building the theme.
• Over 17k downloads :exploding_head:.
• Theme size: From 13795 to 14492 lines | From 1479kb to 1504kb.

:link: Github Release Link

:coffee: Support Prism Development

Somehow this theme seems to override the “Highlightr” plugin completely.

In Live Preview mode, there’s no colour to be seen. Depending on what setting is on (border, filled or both) there’s only a color corresponding with the “Accent Color”. Meaning no highlighting colour is seen.
In Read mode, it blends the border with the highlight colour(fill) selected. This causes bad contrast and hurts to read it.

Is there a way to turn this function off OR/AND have another option for the border color to correspond with the highlight color and have the highlight color be visible in Live Preview?

:gem: Prism v2.3.0

• Minimal Right Sidebar option (User Interface ➜ Sidebar Elements).
• File Explorer File/Folder inset distance (User Interface ➜ Sidebar Elements ➜ File Explorer).

• File Tree Alternative Plugin.
• Recent Files.

• Fixing nested tags not displaying correctly in the editor.
• Fixed the Title text not collapsing when using Hide Note Titlebar option on Mobile.
• Made line-wrapped headings line spacing tighter on Mobile (and slightly on Desktop).
• Fixed the issue of plain squares appearing instead of icons in active tabs.
• Focused Note headers display correctly when focus is changed to another element or another window instance.
• Fixed the vertical misalignment of icons in the menu dropdowns when spawned from a popout window.
• Fixed the height of Tree Item Headers (Backlinks, Outgoing Links, Tags and Search).
• Reduced the inset amount for nested tags.

:tools: Behind the Scenes
• Over 21k downloads :star_struck:.
• Theme size: From 14492 to 15353 lines | From 1504kb to 1553kb.

1 Like

Hi! I used this theme a while ago, and the headers had nice colors and were kind of highlighted.
Now I have decided to use it again, and it is much more… plain? Like in the screenshot below.

Something similar happens when I use the dark theme.
I have the style settings plugin installed, but I don’t think I ever changed anything on it.
And I don’t think I have other plugins that may impact the theme.
Does anyone have any idea about how to highlight the headers? Is there some option I missed?
Thanks!

Hey @KuroiNeko, the header customisation has been stripped back in v2.0.0 a few months back to help with ease of maintenance on my end. Since then I’ve added back some options (Font Size, Padding and Colour) if you go to Style Settings → Prism Theme → Editor → Headers.

Also if you are jumping back to the theme and updated from something before v2.0.0, I would recommend resetting your Style Settings to default since a lot of variable names that change parts of the theme have been changed so you might encounter some oddities.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!
I thought I had messed up something somehow. I will definitely reset the Style Settings.

How do i make this, i couldn’t find it? Thank you

That’s what the default Obsidian Callouts look like in Prism. You can learn more about them here: Use callouts - Obsidian Help

1 Like

:gem: Prism v3.0.0 WIP

For those on Insider:
Prism is currently undergoing a full rewrite to help clean up the codebase along a redesigned to accommodate a more minimal style closer inline with the new default theme in Obsidian v0.16.0. As such, the theme is currently being actively updated in the Main branch, so you will get updates on the fly as opposed to versioned releases until things are back to where they were. Overall you can expect large portions of the theme to be temporarily disabled (especially plugin styling) and plenty of rough edges throughout. It will likely take a few more days for me to test and validate everything before I deem it stable. For progress keep any eye out on the index.scss file in the repo which I’ve been using as a checklist and commit descriptions going forward.
In the meanwhile, enjoy the new default theme and give @kepano and the rest of the team some praise and feedback :orange_heart:.

P.S. Keep in mind that what goes for Prism likely goes for other themes so please be patient and don’t bombard our repos with issues just yet. I assure you we know :sweat_smile:

:gem: Prism v3.0.0

:warning: Important
This release only supports Obsidian 1.0.0 or higher. If you are an existing user, it is highly recommended that you reset your Style Settings to default settings and restart Obsidian due to a large amount of changes. Also, the native accent colour picker won’t be used; use the relevant Style Settings instead.

Prism 3.0.0 is a complete rewrite of the theme to incorporate the changes made by the new Default theme introduced in Obsidian 1.0.0. The theme aims to supports Desktop, Phone and Tablet clients. The theme makes liberal use of the newly introduced variables to help with CSS Snippet compatibility and general overridability of Prism styling.

The rewrite also focuses on making the theme more maintainable for me which resulted in removal of multiple Style Settings features and overall design simplification. Going forward polish and stability will be prioritised over additional custom features. I aim to only support standardised features in Prism (be it native Obsidian, Community Plugins or popular CSS Snippets). Anything that creates incompatibility when switching to other themes or deviates too much from making your files Markdown / HTML spec compliant won’t be implemented or provided as a CSS Snippet.

The full changelog outlines all the individual changes in this release.

:notepad_spiral: Updated Readme
The Readme has been updated to better showcase the theme.

:book: Prism Wiki
The Prism Wiki is making a comeback and now includes additional detailed descriptions for theme specific features and customisation options.

1 Like

:gem: Prism v3.1.0

The None option in the Mark Highlight Style and Mark Highlight Text Color Preset Style Setting, has been changed to Default. If you used this setting you will have to set it again.

Apologize for the inconvenience! :pray:

• Added Overwrite Classes for Mark Highlights. You can now change the styling of individual Mark Highlights despite what you set in Style Settings. More on this in the Wiki.
• Added styling for the new Canvas Core Plugin (Currently in Insider).

• Option to completely disable Prism Callout Styling (reverts to default look). This will be handy for those that already have callouts setup with default Obsidian styling and customisation in mind. Available in Prism Theme -> Feature Toggles.

:page_facing_up: New in the Prism Wiki
• Added a guide for using the Mark Highlight System (Mark Highlight System Guide · damiankorcz/Prism-Theme Wiki · GitHub)

• The Tab Title Bar (view header) should no longer overlap the workspace content #98
• Fixed incorrect description on Dark Theme Inline Title Custom Text Color #100
• Updated the styling for Advanced Tables.

:page_facing_up: Prism Wiki

:gem: Prism 3.2.0

First Prism update of the year :partying_face:

Min App Version 1.1.9 required for this release.

• I’ve moved all of my to-do list into a project in the Prism repository called Prism Theme Roadmap. You can now actively track all the features I have planned, actively working on and what is coming in the next release. Link to the roadmap below.

• Option for Collapsed Pinned Tabs (removes the text and re-adds the Note icon for consistency). Requires Installer Version 1.1.9+ due to use of CSS has(). Found in Prism Theme → Feature Toggles #116

• Support for the Settings Search plugin #112

• Restyled the Mobile Toolbar to prevent Text cursor overlap #90
  • Fixed the alignment of the Document Search Bar (including in Canvas) #107
  • Bold text and Italic text are now coloured correctly in Blockquotes and == highlights #108
  • Fixed the alignment of the vertical lines to the collapse arrows in Tags #109
  • Fixed padding in Mobile Toolbar when using the Commander plugin #110
  • Improved the styling of Internal Embedded Notes #111
  • Improved the alignment of the elements in all list types in relation to each other across all editor views #113
  • Changed the colour of Strikethrough text to be muted #114
  • Fixed the arrow head not using the colour on Preset Colour Canvas Arrows #115
  • Fixed the styling of Canvas Control buttons
  • Inline Code is styled correctly in Kanban
  • Progress Bars should now be styled in Kanban
  • Fixed the .mark-default class to overwrite the background as well.

:map: Prism Theme Roadmap

Callout icons seem misaligned. Any fix?

:gem: Prism 3.2.1

• Option for File Explorer Folder Icons instead of dropdown arrows (Prism Theme → User Interface → Sidebar Elements → File Explorer).

• Made the text colour of Strikethrough text and Inline Code consistent across all editor modes.
  • Fixed the colour of Internal Links and their hover state colour in Reading Mode.
  • Simplified the design of Blockquotes for consistency across editor modes #118
  • Cleaned up the framing around Inline code in Source / Live Preview.
  • Added a border to the Canvas Arrow labels and File Tags.
  • Fixed the rendering of the hotkeys in Canvas Help.
  • Fixed callout icon position #124

:hammer_and_wrench: Behind the Scenes

• Greatly simplified the build system by removing esbuild and only using individual Sass scripts for dev and release builds.
  • Added automated builds using Github Actions when pushing to the Development branch.
  • Cleaned up and changed the comments syntax.

:world_map: Prism Theme Roadmap

This is now addressed in Prism 3.2.1.

Beauty, thank you :slight_smile:

It’s my fav theme, can’t work without it!

1 Like

:gem: Prism 3.2.2

App Version 1.2.0+ required for this release.

• Styled the new Bookmarks Core Plugin.

• Caret symbols now spaced correctly in Callouts / Blockquotes in Live Preview #126
  • Fixed spacing on Embedded notes and added border to Canvas and PDF embeds.
  • Changed the selector for the Custom Vault Banner icon due to new update.
  • Updated the Search Core Plugin UI due to new update.
  • Changed the padding around the Code Block Flair.
  • General spacing fixes around the UI.

• Updated and removed redundant build dependencies.

:world_map: Prism Theme Roadmap

:gem: Prism 3.2.3 & 3.2.4

App Version 1.2.0+ required for this release.

• Improved the styling for the Quiet Outline Plugin #128
  • Improved Tab Header style when using Stacked Tabs.
  • Simplified the .prism-theme dummy class to a toggle instead of a select.
  • Improved hover states in Bookmarks, File Explorer and Starred.
  • General padding and spacing fixes.

• Changed from npm to pnpm.
  • Updated the theme build GitHub Action to use pnpm.
  • Updated VSCode Workspace File Excludes.
  • Updated SASS dependency.

:world_map: Prism Theme Plan

I have installed prisim and thats is all fine but when I close obsidian and restart it opens in the previously used theme minimalist. Is there any obvious issue I should be considering to fix this behaviour? Any suggestions much appreciated,

Not sure why that is happening to you but I don’t think it’s the theme’s fault. You could try removing the appearance.json file in .obsidian in your vault and see if that does anything (maybe make a copy of it just in case to reference what settings you have set). Sometimes permission issues when using vaults on different devices cause oddities like this.