Theme: MagicUser

Theme update 12.3.0

Improvements

• Footnotes layout.

• Style Settings: Select footnotes color.

• Reading glow: Footnotes (reading mode).

• Mermaid improvements.

• Dataview background alt improvements to work with all subthemes.

• Reading glow (mermaid charts/graphs, footnotes and math).

All the best

1 Like

Theme update 12.4.1

Improvements

BG preset themes - Darken background

• Darken background slider of BG Themes is right below the Presets dropdown menu (Presets Submenu). Faster and easier to use (removed the bg themes submenu).

• Search layout adjustment in modals. When there is a highlight background (search results), this highlight background will be the same color of highlight in live preview mode. Highlighted foreground text will appear in black color (exactly like the display in live preview, source and reading modes).

All the best

2 Likes

Theme update 12.5.0

Improvements

6 New Themes

Normal Themes

• MagicUser Teacher

MU Teacher

• MagicUser Concentration

MU Concentration

• MagicUser Creativity

MU Creativity

New BG Themes

MagicUser new preset bg thtmes

• MagicUser BG North Pole

• MagicUser BG Sunset

• MagicUser BG Old School

Headings callouts centered

• You can centralize the heading callout title using |center] and align it to the right using |right]:

> [h1 to h6- + color|center] Your callout title

New Callouts

• Line callouts (7 colors)

• > [l-+ color] Your callout title

MagicUser l callouts

You can centralize the content using |center] or align right (|right]):
> [l-+ color|center] Your callout title or
> [l-+ color|right] Your callout title

• Line Box callouts (7 colors)

• > [lb-+ color] Your callout title

MagicUser lb callouts

I hope you enjoy

All the best

2 Likes

Theme update 14.0.0

Improvements

Tables 01

• Improved tables layout (all preset themes - light and dark modes). Tables colors will adapt to the different background colors of the preset themes.

Tables 02

• New Tables Submenu (Style Settings):
    • Table headers background color
    • Table headers foreground color
    • Table rows (odd) background color
    • Table rows (even) background color
    • Table row hover background color
    • Outer table border width
    • Inner table borders width (rows and columns borders)
    • Table rounded corners (0 = square corners)

UI Settings → Tables

• Normal tables (non-dataview tables) will have rounded corners by default. You can customize using the new tables submenu.

• Independent table colors for light and dark modes, you can also select outer and inner border widths (sliders).

Tables 03

Tables 04

• Tables: Print/Export to PDF improvements. The colors will be the same as the light mode of the selected preset theme.

• Headings colors adjustment (default light mode).

• Folder color adjustment (default light mode).

• Icon focused color (all non-bg themes).

All the best

1 Like

I’m enjoying the new CONCENTRATION theme and the callouts!

1 Like

@cameron I’m so glad you enjoyed the new concentration theme and callouts! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. It’s incredibly motivating and the feedback is truly valuable to me.

By the way, your video about the theme was fantastic! It was a huge source of inspiration for me. Thank you so much!

All the best

1 Like

Your welcome! I love the theme!

1 Like

@cameron Thanks Cameron! I am really glad you like this theme.

All the best

Theme update 14.1.0

Improvements

Custom neon mode heading colors

Style Settings: Headings H1-H6 menu - new submenus

• New Headings Settings submenu. Normal theme headings options: font, font size, h1-h6 colors.

Neon mode headings submenu

• New Neon Mode Headings submenu. You can customize all neon mode headings colors (neon H1- neon H6).

• Improved links in headings when using normal mode and neon mode.

Thanks @ll14m4n for the suggestion to change neon mode headings colors and links in headings (when neon mode is on).

I hope you enjoy

All the best

1 Like

Can someone export there settings so i can import it easily. i am having a hard time setting it up… i tried the preset and it seems to only have effect on the menu but the note looks the same. the headings and everything are not colored. i tried turning on neon and outline… but still the headings are not colored. while writing # it shows the effects… i tried turning off all other plugins … still didnt change

@fred.joe3697 You shoud add a space after the heading text.

## Heading 2

###### Heading 6

Checking your image, no spaces. When you add `“#text” (this is a tag, not a heading).

By the way, your setting to darken the background only works for the MagicUser BG preset themes, so you can improve readability darken the background gradients.

Let me know if it will work for you, it is not that difficult to set up, but you should write the markdown syntax to see the neon heading format (otherwise is just plain text or a tag).

When you activate outline neon mode, it will be dominant over neon mode. If you just want neon, turn off outline neon mode. You are using both enabled, you can select one at a time.

Thanks for stopping by.

All the best

thank you for helping with headings and tags…

i am completely new to this…

i created a new vault and copied the appearance.json from there to my original vault and that fixed my issue…

i was installing so many plugins and tried out a lot of appearance plugins before . … may be that could have caused the note background to not change color when i tried different presets…

thank you …

1 Like

You are welcome. I hope you enjoy the theme and neon effect.

Remember to use outline neon, you don’t have to activate neon mode also, just one at time (if you activate both, you will see the outline neon).

All the best

i have multiple notes with images like these displayed big.

i dont want to add the width manually to each one to make it small.

is there any other way to make all images display in smaller area or ability to minimize images ?

1 Like

I meant add space before the text, but after the # . Just a quick note. I can’t edit my post. So I am writing this here. It was shown correctly on the mardown code (heading 2 and 6).

1 Like

You can add the images inside the media callout.

> [!m-black] Image Title
>  image1
>  image2
> ...

You can select 3 colors (black, white or gray as background for the images).

You can also add the images inside a table:

| Column 1  | Column 2 |  Column 3 |
| :---:     | :---:    |  :---:    |
| image 1 link   | image 2 link |  image 3 link |
| image 4 link   | image 5 link |  image 6 link |

I will add an image gallery callout or functionality in the future. But this is not available (current theme version).

All the best

2 Likes

Thank you… makes sense now

1 Like

How to make “Notion” like toggles in “obsidian” ?

I am using the magicuser preset and the menu is not readable in excalidraw darkmode …

1 Like

Excalidraw is not on the list of supported plugins. But I will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like