Theme: Blue Topaz

Thank you for your comment. You can create a css snippet as follows to get the default font family.

:root {
    --font-family-major:  var(--default-font);
}
1 Like

Currently, you can use the following code to create a css snippet and activate it to remove those background images when you completely focus on your work.

.workspace-split.mod-root .workspace-leaf:nth-child(n) .workspace-leaf-content:not([data-type="outline"])::before {
  display: none;
  position: unset;
}

Thanks a lot! I’m sure majority of people like new background as long as it’s togglable. Thank you again for the best theme :smile:

V2.7 yyds,最简洁的版本,一直以来的最爱。希望以后能保持一个简洁版的更新,去掉炫酷的字体和背景。

This is my favorite Obsidian theme which I use all the time. Sincerely hope a “light-version” can be available in the future, which excludes embeded fonts, backgrounds and other “decorative toppings".

Thank you!

谢谢支持,但是不会这么做。我上面的回复中已经提供了两个片段,分别用以去除背景和还原字体设置。另外,同时更新两个相似版本会加重我的负担。所以我不认为有必要再做“简洁版”,如果你有别的要求,也可以加QQ群908688452,我会提供一些片段供使用。

Thank you for liking the Blue Topaz theme. However, I do not plan to provide a “light-version”, because using css snippets can fulfil most of your needs. For instance, you can find two css snippets just above to remove background images and get the default font family, respectively. Besides, updating two similar themes at the same time is not an interesting thing to me. So I do not think it is necessary to make a new version.

No problem.
Haha, I just replied to a guy who hates the background images. I cannot make one theme to meet everyone’s needs, that’s a shame. Maybe it’s time to make a plugin for supporting Blue Topaz. (I will do if procrastination doesn’t plan to have an interview with me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

1 Like

完全理解。期待plugin能有一些自定义的功能。主题是真的好主题。辛苦!

谢谢理解。

I appreciate your understanding.

@whyI Thank you so much for the original font snippet. However, does it not affect the font file explorer column?

Keep up the great work!

Thank you. I am pleased you like it. The snippet below may be what you need.

:root {
--font-family-major:                                 var(--default-font);
--font-family-folder-file-title:                     var(--default-font);
--font-family-vault:                                 var(--default-font);
}

Hope you will enjoy it.

1 Like

@whyl Yes, that did it! Thank you so much. Simply a great theme and I appreciate all you put into it. I know it is hard to create one theme for all people, but your effort is appreciated very much here!

Thank you for your words and understanding, it makes my day to hear that :wink:

Demo vault for Blue Topaz

This is a demonstration vault for showing some tips for Blue Topaz. I believe it can be helpful for people who haven’t read TIPS at the beginning of the css file.

TIPS for Blue Topaz.zip (2.8 MB)

preview

1 Like

You’re the best @whyI

Your theme is amazing! The most beautiful and with the most useful snippets. Thank you so much.

I have one request, could you post a snippet that changes the horizontal line for something that makes your theme even more gorgeous? For example, a line divided in 2 parts with a with a nice symbol in the middle.

I really appreciate you work!

@whyI
First: awesome theme, there’s so much that I love about it. Thank you for sharing it.

But, because I’m a design freak and want my own colors, I’ve tried to make my own version (also wanting to understand CSS). I’m doing pretty good, but I have one question:

For some reason, with my theme, I can’t align the image correctly. It does fine, if I use the inline option, but when I just try to align it left or right (without inline) it’s not working. If I switch to your theme, it works. So, I’m wondering what am I missing?

Sorry, I cannot find out what happened just from your description. And I also don’t know how many lines of css you modified from Blue Topaz. If possible, please show me your css code.

For those who use v0.12.13 and up, you will need

.theme-light{
  /* Headings */
  --h1-color: #3a76c5;
  --h2-color: #0ea72d;
  --h3-color: #d1c115;
  --h4-color: #e79653;
  --h5-color: #ee4c4c;
  --h6-color: #976bd8;
}

The best theme !

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks :slight_smile: