Wonderful site! Really good content here.
Thanks for making this post! In your OP, the following vaults are dead:
Sites no longer online:
what theme do you use?
- Published vault here: ProjectBubbleBurst.com.
- Vault download here: Substack Article with download in signup welcome response
Quick question/demo - this seemed like a good thread to post on. If you read, thanks!
- Building minimal obsidian theme: demo
- Curious to get feedback
- Curious if there is interest for an open source minimal theme as an alternative to the base theme.
I was modding the base publish theme for a site I’m building. The intent was to make it much more minimalist and visually space efficient/aesthetic. I managed to get a bunch of stuff working (notably: collapsible sidebars), but spent enough time on it that I figured it might make sense to split it off into its own project.
An (incomplete) demo site that showcases the theme can be found on this publish site. I also added the theme and files to this GitHub repository. I added an MIT license, so feel free to use/mod it for your own projects if you like it. The CSS is messy right now, apologies…
There are a few dozens changes I made to the base theme but I was hoping it might be possible to get feedback on really just two (and a half) points.
- What do you think about the UI? Specifically I tried to make it very minimalist, but might have impacted ease of use.
- Would there be any community interest in an open source publish theme project that tries to create a really polished alternative, minimal theme to the base theme?
- (2.5) would there be any interest a simple python CLI program that could automatically construct highly customized themes? (I’m primarily a python dev and not good at UI stuff but love making command line interfaces.)
Here’s my current publish site: myabia - Obsidian Publish
It’s got a bit of everything: research concepts for my Ph.D. studies, interest notes akin to a commonplace book, media I’m consuming, and some “blog-like” writing. Once I get a few academic publications, I’ll keep track of those there too.
I don’t know if my site is as profound as other people’s but the pages there are my working notes and thoughts, and that’s what this thread’s all about. Like everyone else, the structure’s always changing but I like being transparent with my thoughts and interests. Happy wandering :]