Tabs pulled to sidebar do not show pin icon

Steps to reproduce

If a tab is pulled to the sidebar and is pinned their, the tab in the sidebar does not show a pin symbol.

Expected result

I would expect to see a pin symbol next to the tab name.

Alternatively I could imagine to give tabs in the sidebar a „pinned“ status automatically as I do not see any point in having floating tabs in the sidebar.

Also I think there is a certain conceptual overlap between bookmarks and pinned tabs in the sidebar, the only difference being that tabs in the sidebar will always open there and allow for the classic pane workflow of opening links to the right (PLEASE keep that, I think this is crucial to many many powerusers workflows :pray: )

Actual result

There is no pin symbol.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 16.4.1 (Apple iPad)
Obsidian version: 1.4.5 (102)
API version: v1.3.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: AnuPpuccin v1.4.2
Snippets enabled: 1
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 8
Plugins enabled: 4
1: Natural Language Dates v0.6.1
2: Tasks v1.25.0
3: Style Settings v1.0.3
4: Readwise Official v2.0.1

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

I can’t reproduce.

When you submit a bug report, you are being asked to try in the sandbox vault or in a vault with default theme and restricted mode on, have you tried? Can you post a screenshot?

Just doublechecked, yes I can reproduce it with default theme and restricted mode. Applies only to iPad version though, not for desktop, I see the pin symbols there.

See screenshot, this is how it looks after I pinned “Test Note 2” - looking the same as unpinned.

How did you pull tabs to the sidebar on mobile?

I’m not sure how they did it, but sometimes it just happens.

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/mobile-make-it-possible-to-move-a-note-from-to-the-sidebars-without-mouse/43994/5?u=cawlinteffid