Obsidian Mobile version: v1.4.1 (83)
API version: v1.0.3
Lately,I mentionned into this [Feature] topic, a bug that happened a couple of days ago :
Actually, yesterday, when using Obsidian mobile to do some minor editing to a note (“Mu”), this very one happened to be pinned into the right sidebar !
However, as this is something I did not want to,and as I have no ideas how I did it, I am stuck the other way not knowing how to remove it from there…
In this very same topic, another user, Cawlin, mentionned the same kind of bug, but into the left sidebar.
He suggested as a first solution to edit the .obsidian/workspace-mobile.json in order to remove the unexpected/unwanted item manually.
- Is this possible through my desktop device, by allowing the access to this workspace-mobile.json in the desktop vault .obsidian folder via Sync for instance ?
- Are those kind of notes jumps into sidebar happened through some features i would have activated by mistake in Obsidian Mobile ?
- Thus, could i fix this situation (i.e. remove the note from right sidebar) via some current features (or soon to be upadted) i would not be aware of ?
Thank you very much for your enlightments, and have a great day.
I have the same issue. My theory is that it has happened because I had the sidebar opened in the app, then I used a shortcut to launch the daily note, which got opened in the sidebar instead of the main pane. I was using the URL scheme for obsidian natural language dates with the “new pane” option set to “no”. I even have notes in both sidebars–the left and the right!
I’m now dealing with this exact issue. Pointed here after posting about it on Discord mobile channel.
In my case I believe it happened due to a bug with a plug-in. The file is stuck in the left sidebar.
I have this vault syncing with an iPad and desktop via Obsidian Sync.
I’m not quite following what I can do to resolve this? Thanks.
I did but as it’s not possible to access that file from other devices I didn’t have a great way to fix. But it seems to have resolved itself.
Hi, I’m facing the same issue as well! Any idea what you did to make the issue resolve itself?
Also is there any way to highlight this to the Devs to implement mobile pinning of notes as a feature?
Apologies if there’s a better channel for this, new to the forum here.
I managed to solve my own issue by moving the related file in another folder via the desktop app, then sync the vault again on the mobile.
I don’t remember if i temporarely rename the file as well, thus you may have to consider doing so as well.
This just started to happen to me daily, with various notes.
Have you changed anything recently that might be related? New plugin (or an old one you hadn’t gotten around to using before), new routine using a previously unused feature, etc?
Hard to say because I’m adding and subtracting plugins every week. I added Linter a couple weeks ago.
The routines are the same as before. I use iOS shortcuts to launch notes via Advanced URI (understanding that Obsidian needs to load before I can expect that plugin to work properly). This is something I have been doing for a long time.
Most of my shortcut would start with
- Open url: [advanced uri]
- wait 7 seconds (in case Obsidian needed to load)
- Repeat step 1. (in case Obsidian needed to load)
I have gone back and changed first step to just open the app. Still testing to see if that fixes it. But it’s less efficient, if obsidian is already running in background, I’m waiting 7 seconds for nothing.
Curious if any of you are using Plugin Groups. Try changing the delay time
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.