Sync folding of headings between desktop and mobile

Use case or problem

When I’ve a long list of items, and I just want to fold certain headings, I need to repeat the process separately on desktop and mobile.

Proposed solution

It would be really great if obsidian could sync the folding of headings between desktop and mobile using cache file or something.

Related feature requests

Folded header preview/edit sync

4 Likes

I think the same feature for folded lists would be very useful too

Use case

When working on a longer note, I fold at the headings to focus on the part that I am working on, and to prevent having to scroll through a whole lot of previous material before finding the place I need to work on (Obsidian to not remember the position of a note at last edit).

Proposed solution

It would be helpful if there was an option to sync the fold status across from one machine to another, so that it is not necessary to fold headings again by hand on the next edit.

Related feature requests (optional)

6 Likes

Use case or problem

To sort my to-do lists and make it easier to write with particular sections open, I use headings and collapse them. Their collapsed status doesn’t sync between devices.

Proposed solution

Find a way to include a flag of some sort in the md files to automatically collapse closed sections on other devices.

As a possible workaround, the community plugin Creases may be of interest.