Styling for internal link without file (After 0.9.4 in edit mode)

Use case or problem

it is impossible to understand in the editor whether the link refers to an existing file

Proposed solution

mark with a different color as in the preview mode

please add without styling in editor mode, visually it doesn’t change in any way, but we will be able to edit css and add to our own themes

2 Likes

Just adding another voice for is-unresolved in edit mode.

:grin:

2 Likes

I would also love to have this feature implemented!

1 Like

Added a like — I hear the technical difficulty, but I rarely use Preview mode in my notes vault. I might use WYSIWYG when it arrives. But I’m unlikely to use WYSIWYG (full-time) in my projects vault, where I would only use it (or Preview) when I revise my writing (changing the look gives me some useful distance).

Hi. I use tabular format a lot. And I agree that having a readable, neat text document is very desirable. Consequently I would like to be able to change the obsidian editor font (note: NOT the preview, CSS-styled font) to a fixed width font. I seem to have somehow achieved this in some notes on my computer but I’ve forgotten how. I store my notes in iCloud so my notes are available on all my (apple) devices - however on my iPad, I can’t seem to get a fixed width font to work for the editor. Of course, I can use a stylesheet to monospace the preview text - but there’s no point in doing that for me! I would appreciate any ideas on setting the editor font. Cheers!

I’m another edit-only user, and would find it very helpful to have an “is-unresolved” class for internal links in edit mode. I just went down the rabbit hole of picking apart theme CSS in an attempt to customize. I don’t fully grok the CodeMirror dependency, but I do hope a workaround is possible.

For the new editor, also see Toggles for Partial Live Preview

will be implemented in the new editor in 0.13.11

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.