Still can't manage fonts from appearance options

I’m having the identical problem that was supposedly addressed in this bug report: Screen goes blank when trying to select a font in appearance settings

When I was having this problem earlier, I tried looking for fonts with NULL value for font family as suggested in this thread, but I didn’t find any. I waited, since it seemed like the problem would be addressed once I upgraded to the new version, but I’m now using Obsidian 1.0 and the problem has not gone away.

Any help is appreciated! I will try to provide additional info if necessary, but I’m not a programmer so bear with me if I’m unsure how to do that.

Steps to reproduce

Click any of the three “manage” buttons for fonts in appearance options

Expected result

Select a font

Actual result

Screen goes blank and I can’t interact with anything unless I force reload

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Monterey 12.6
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v1.0.0
    Installer version: v0.15.9
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Mon Aug 22 20:17:10 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.140.49~2/RELEASE_X86_64 21.6.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: off
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Hi, can the MacOS built-in Font app repair this font issue? For example, locating and repairing the fonts?
I remember there is an item in the menu named check the fonts or something like that, which will identify the errors related to the fonts installed in the system.

download and reinstall obsidian

Font Book, click “All Fonts”, select all the fonts (⌘-A in the list, can take a second if you’ve got lots of fonts), right-click, Validate fonts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.