Select Multiple Notes in Files Tab

Deleting or Moving Notes

Sometimes I want to move multiple notes from one folder to another, or sometimes I want to delete multiple notes. As it is, I have to select each note and move it or delete it, one at a time. This is really slow and inefficient, and therefore obviously not ideal.

Select Multiple Notes

What I would like is the ability to select multiple notes at a time so I can right-click and delete all of them at once, or move them all together to the same place. Most applications use Ctrl+Shift+LMB to select multiple notes, so that seems logical to me and is what I would use as the hotkey for this. (Of course, it could have a customizable hotkey like most everything else in Obsidian at the moment.)

This is possible already, at least on a Mac.

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/obsidian-release-v0-14-11-insider-build/37580

What OS are you using and what version of Obsidian?

3 Likes

I’m using Windows (today) and it works. The context menu is narrowed to only “Move to…” and “delete”, but that’s fine.

Shift + click selects a group. Alt + click selects the ones you click on. Then right click on one of the selected for the context menu. :v:

4 Likes

Now on a Mac:

• SHIFT CLICK to select contiguous files
  • OPT CLICK / ALT CLICK to select non-contiguous files
  • Drag and drop works as an alternative to the right-click menu
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.