- convert all .rmd in my vimwiki index and diary folder to .md by simply renaming them all
- searching desperately many hours for obsidian .rmd integration, with a big tear in my eyes.
Let Obsidian simply handle all markdown files as .rmd.
Dear community. Desperate vimmer here. I am using RMarkdown in my vimwikis. My vimwiki is my go to, I have programmed several things for using it that make my life easier. Yesterday, I finally wanted to see a graph view of my (very many notes) and it is nice feature to use sometimes. But, I first need to convert all my markdown files just so that Obsidian can handle them. Why is it not possible? Is there a certain option in the configurations that I could tweak so that I can open .rmd files just as .md, and also create new .rmd notes instead of .md in obsidian).
To me it seems that it should be very simple, at least it is in vimwiki config. But Obsidian is still a big mystery to me. So it would be nice if a obsidian config expert could give some practical opinions?
I fear that some users might be angry against me and ask questions like:
„Why use .rmd?“
- … Because I am a student and need to handle a lot of R code and also reports, that I can easily calculate and compile with .rmd as basic note file type.
- But also, all my .rmd files that do not have R code or are reports, I simply handle just as I would handle markdown files.
- Having .rmd just gives me a simple extra feature and opportunities.
„but .md is need for … compiling them to html or pdf.“
- And exactly this I am doing all the time with .rmd.
I am a very new user here and I finally after quite some time to go public with my request. Please fellow users could you please help me, I would be much grateful for any help.
With kind regards from Germany,
I have also read the following posts:
If anyone could help out with the feature of opening obsidian posts from-within vim, this would be very great as well.
Because the evil mode in obsidian, with just a basic .obsidian.vimrc does not let me use the same pluginst which I am using in my neovim configuration.
Please, if anyone is out there, a fellow vimmer (I am using archlinux btw), help would be very much appreciated :’(