Right Side bar resets when restarting app

Hello

I’m fairly new to Obsidian, I have figured out most things but this one is really bugging me

What I’m trying to do

Im trying to set the right side bar as I want it and make it “sticky”

Things I have tried

Pinning

Screenshot 2023-04-12 213039

Description

On the right side bar I want to see two notes and the calendar link
See image
The problem is, if I restart Obsidian the changes aren’t saved and it goes back to default.
Im guessing this is a simple thing I have missed :crazy_face:
Any pointers would be appreciated

Do you use a syncing tool?

If you do, there is a chance that your workspace.json file in your Vault/.obsidian has some conflicted copies or something. I get this sometimes in Dropbox if I am using Obsidian on two computers at the same time.

screenshot_2023-04-12_06-56-56

If that’s the case, then your left pane, and open tabs should also reset when you restart Obsidian. Your entire workspace won’t be saved correctly.

For me, for this problem, I can just go delete the conflicted copies, and then it works again. If that isn’t the problem for you, it might be something else like a plugin causing issues.

Thanks. Im only using on a single PC

I guess I will have to try disabling some of the many many plugins I have :crazy_face:

Right, but are you using a syncing tool? (Dropbox, Google Drive, Syncthing, iCloud, OneDrive, etc. etc.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.