Right-Clicking an Image no longer give options, like "Copy to clipboard"

Up until a version or few ago, Obsidian could open a picture stored in our vault. And then we could then right-click the image and a floating drop-drown would appear with a “copy” option that would place the image on the Windows OS clipboard.

Right-clicking an open image no longer does anything. It’s just acts like a dead key.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open an image as a page in Obsidian
  2. right-click it

Expected result

a floating drop-drown menu with a “copy” option

Actual result

No floating drop-drown menu

Environment

• Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.1.16
Installer version: v1.1.9
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19044
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: off
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: Things v2.1.6
Snippets enabled: 1
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 1
1: Style Settings v1.0.2

Additional information

I’ve also confirmed this issue in the sandbox help vault.

I think Obsidian has always lacked the ability to copy an image to the clipboard from the Reading view, as suggested the following feature request.

But opening the image page and copying from there has always been easy enough work-around. It would be nice to get it back.

This is not a bug as this wasn’t implemented globally and if it worked under the circumstances you outline it was probably due to the use of the electron’s default context menu.

Nevertheless, this is an important feature as outlined

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/copy-image-from-a-note/2318

2 Likes

Just wanted to acknowledge that it’s not a bug. I have since identified the cause of my discrepant experience. A vault I had used in the past had the plugin “Copy Image and URL in Preview” installed. Thanks for you patience and commitment @WhiteNoise