Request WYSIWYG plugin

Although you can accomplish wonderful things with Obsidian (with fantastic potentials) yet I miss workflow in the edit mode. :fountain_pen: My mind is constantly distracted by the way the syntax should be done, instead of being able to concentrate on procuring content! :chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: This is not an ergonomic way of working (and as an ergonomist I attach great importance to this). Not only should your workstation be ergonomic but so should the software you use.

Since last week I have never heard of Markdown and Obsidian! Now I am forced by Obsidian to look into it. Really hard work! I do understand that it must be written in a specific computer language. But for people like myself who have always worked with WYSIWYG since Lotus (yes, quite a while ago) it is very difficult to make the switch. It reminds me of the time when you had a PC with a 20MB hard disk and with which you had to communicate in DOS! With a lot of effort, we got WYSIWYG. Now it’s back to the computer-middleages! (my opinion :innocent:)

Now my question: Can a plugin be created where one can enter in a WYSIWYG method in the edit-mode that then automatically makes the translation to Markdown.

Hey we are working with a technology that can handle just about anything, right? My humble opinion that this could give the use of Obsidian a big boost. :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: A Typora-like editing mode (edit and preview at the same time)