Request: Adjust Graph Font Size, CSS Solution?

I prefer having the text view threshold set to minimum so that I can vie wnode names at all times. But in order for this to be possible, the graph view text size also needs to be visible. The Ability to change text size will be much appreciated.

Thanks for the updates that you have put out till date!! Never been so satsified with an application.

6 Likes

100%. Because the text is so small, I have to zoom in very close to see it and I lose the synoptic perspective entirely. I have to do a lot of yo-yoing between extremes of close and far to understand connections.

7 Likes

UPVOTE +1. Absolutely, I’ve edited my obsidian.css file and made some adjustments around the general text fonts… However the graph view font is incompatible with my design, which is terribly ANNOYING! Hope there’d be at least some solutions to this problem.

4 Likes

Why is this such a hard request for the Devs to offer?

3 Likes

+1 This is crucial!
Long node names are sometimes necessary (in my case, I have a page for each journal article and these can be quite long!) and I’d love to see the connections between them without having to zoom in as much and losing the global perspective.

2 Likes

It seems like the default text size assumes you will be far more zoomed in than you will be once you have a good amount of notes.

A slider under the display options for text size, along with another for text fade threshold based on node size like this feature request suggests would work wonders.

2 Likes

Vote++

I cannot use Graph as it is.

4 Likes

+1 For This!

Even with text fade threshold fully up I can barely see a thing.

3 Likes

+1 For being able to adjust the font-size.

Is there any CSS solutions to use meanwhile?

2 Likes

Bumping this.
This is crazy important for the global graph to be useful.

If Center Force is high, everything is too clumped to read the text.
If Center Force is low, you have to zoom way too much in to read the text, ruining the overview that the global graph is supposed to give.

4 Likes

Just sharing a possible work around~

if anyone here is using the community plugin “Juggl”, which I feel is a much better interactive graph view, there is a CSS styling option within the plugin setting under the setting menu.
https://juggl.io/Features/Styling/CSS+Styling

I editted the CSS with following:

/* For a full overview of styling options, see https://js.cytoscape.org/#style */

node {
  font-size: 15px;
}

That worked much better for me. Hope it helps!

3 Likes

yeah I’m still struuugling with this, please help :sob:

2 Likes

Wanted to add my support for this feature request. Can’t make the most of graph view without it.

4 Likes

+1. Sorely needed (by my eyes).

3 Likes

pls include this option under display, seems like an easy adjustment with a huge benefit

3 Likes
  1. I second the request to make the font size bigger, for the same exact motives repeated many times in this thread. The graph is unusable if to read the node names on must zoom so much that only a few nodes remain visible
  2. I tried to install Juggl as suggested by @joeyuping , but in the version I installed today there is no such statement in the styles.css file that comes with Juggl, and besides, I see no difference whatsoever in the graph. UPDATE: sorry, I have found how to create the graph.css file to insert the node size. But now I have the problem that having more 250 nodes Juggl freezes, I fear I will have to remove this plugin. So the issue remains, how on Earth can I increase the font size of node names in the graph view???
1 Like

I’m +1’ing this thread again out of frustration. This obstacle makes the graph view completely useless for graphs with more than a handful of nodes. The graph view might as well be removed entirely unless this bug is fixed. Please at least offer the option for a font that has decent anti-aliasing when zoomed out.

1 Like

+1 again for Graph view text being too small. Seems like a simple fix, atleast an explanation why it’s not possible after TWO years…

2 Likes

It is SO hard to read a graph of my notes when I can’t tell what notes I’m looking at.

1 Like

Juggle is for toy vaults apparently.

2 Likes