QuickAdd Plugin

I would like to add the name of the referring note to the name of the new note created.
So in Capture I thought I could use {{LINKCURRENT}}-{{VALUE}} but get {{LINKCURRENT}}-MeetingName. Seems {{LINKCURRENT}} does not work in Title
Any suggestions?

1 Like

I hope someone can help me figure out how to define a capture properly.

I would like to capture to a note where its name is based on the name of the file I am currently editing. So if I am editing file ā€˜Notes/Foo16 - Barā€™ then I want to capture to a file named ā€˜Dir/Foo16ā€™.

My naive idea so far is to use the templater syntax <% tp.file.title.split(" ")[0] %>, which I put in a template. This works fine by itself, but I cannot figure out how to combine it with QuickAdd to get the right file name for the file I trying to capture to.

When I try adding ā€˜Dir/{{TEMPLATE:Templates/FileName.mdā€™}}ā€™ to the definition of the file name (in the capature dialogue) what I end up getting is a file named ā€˜Dir/<% tp.file.title.split(" ")[0] %>ā€™.

Is there a way to get templater to run before and use the value returned by it to define the file name for the capture file?

Many thanks for any pointers!

1 Like

Did you ever figure out a solution to this ? I am currently having this issue and itā€™s driving me crazy T-T

1 Like

How would I get the capture to ask for note links?

I have tried

Site: [[
Contact [[

but cant seem to get it to work?

Any help appreciated.

You could try using the templater plugin: <% tp.file.cursor(1) %> will place the cursor. Note that it can be in more than one location in your note so when you run the template you get a multi-cursor - very handy! If you want the cursor to move somewhere else after you can set <% tp.file.cursor(2) %> and use templaterā€™s ā€˜move to next cursorā€™ command to jump to that spot.

Thanks I will have a look at that. Are there any examples of this anywhere? I am not really familiar with Templater.

Here are a couple that have something about cursor in them:

Thanks for the link

Is there a way to reuse the input read from checkboxprompt?

My use case here is that I want to toggle my tags in checkbox prompt and print them in both the YAML section and notes section.

Right now, Iā€™m just cheating and moving the tags line to the end of YAML section. Hope thereā€™s a better way to do it.

Btw, has anyone tried styling the checkbox prompt? Is it possible?

1 Like

I was wondering about a date picker myself, but realized all I really needed was todayā€™s date and a few previous days. For those like me, I thought Iā€™d show what I did to get a drop-down with the current date and a few previous:
{{VALUE:{{DATE}},{{DATEĀ±1}},{{DATEĀ±2}},{{DATEĀ±3}}}}

Ā± instead of - is a subtlety that initially escaped me. Hope that helps someone out there!

2 Likes

This is a great plugin, and managed the simple stuff (very new on obsidian). I have been trying to use the capture feature to my notes but I am having trouble with the way my note template is formulated. When creating notes with quickadd I use this syntax:
{{DATE:YYYY}}/{{DATE}} - {{VALUE:Title}}.md

I do not know how to add the syntax within quickadd-capture option to insert a text to the note for todayā€™s date. I want it to be able to look for todayā€™s date and add a note to todayā€™s note below a section but canā€™t figure out how. This is what I have it setup but it is not pulling the note name of my file. What am I doing wrong?

I created a Quickadd capture for the Tasks plugin. I followed the example

#task {{VALUE:task name}} ā° {{VDATE:reminder date and time,YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm}} {{VALUE:ā«,šŸ”¼,šŸ”½, }} šŸ” {{VALUE:recurrence}} šŸ›« {{VDATE:start date,YYYY-MM-DD}} ā³ {{VDATE:scheduled date,YYYY-MM-DD}} šŸ“… {{VDATE:due date,YYYY-MM-DD}}

as described here: Quickadd - Obsidian Tasks

My question:

Is it possible to make a VALUE optional? For example to skip {{VDATE:reminder date and time,YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm}} or any of the others?

3 Likes

Is there a way to ā€œCapture to active fileā€ AND Insert after specified line? If I turn on the dialogue for the former, the latter goes away. If I try adding the specified line, then turn on the ā€œto active fileā€ switch, I get an error message saying it canā€™t fine the line (which I copy/pasted from the current file).

2 Likes

EDIT:

I figured this out and wanted to clarify it for others.

Solution is to use the format {{DATE+-1}}, and not use {{DATEĀ±1}}.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Are you requesting a feature, or does this work for you?

I just updated to the latest QuickAdd version and what you seem to indicate works for you doesnā€™t work for me. The choices I get are:

• YYYY-MM-DD (today)
  • {{DATEĀ±1

If I select the 2nd choice, the following is appended in my file:

{{DATEĀ±1,{{DATEĀ±2}},{{DATEĀ±3}}}}

If this does work for you, can you provide any additional details?

[FEATURE REQUEST] Suggestions from existing field values for {{VALUE}} or suggester (API) ?

Problem description

Often, I use {{VALUE}} or the suggester (from QuickAdd API) to complete a field in a note (e.g. : type::). It would be really useful if {{VALUE}} or the suggester could automatically retrieve the possible values for the field (either from all the notes or a chosen subset of notes) and suggest them.

Github link : [FEATURE REQUEST] Suggestions from existing field values for {{VALUE}} or suggester (API) ? Ā· Issue #337 Ā· chhoumann/quickadd Ā· GitHub

Same here

Looking for a solution for this as well! Sometimes I donā€™t need a reminder and would like to just press enter and have it skip that particular prompt in QuickAdd and go to the next one. Also, Is there a way to order prompts? Mine seem to come in a nonsequential order.

1 Like

Is it possible to have a workflow taking showing a suggester with all projects (files with a certain tag) and adding a kanban item to a the Backlog column (or select which column each time)? I couldnā€™t really figure out how to adapt the move files with tag workflow to do that.

@Christian

Hi All,

I am trying to write a quickadd macro to save a progress timeline. The number itself is obtained (and shown in the note) using dataview. Iā€™ve written the macro to push such value and the timestamp to the frontmatter using quickadd and metaedit, though, I donā€™t know how to do that in the macro context instead of the dataviewjs scope, ie, getting the list of tasks objects from the macro itself.

I think it might not be hard with the proper imports as the quickadd API exposes the app, but Iā€™m not a js dev myself. So, howā€™d you import and use dataview from a quickadd js macro?

Thanks !

This is somehow related to my question above. I think if you manage to use dataviewjs from within the macro js code, then you could use it to query and push them to a suggester

ā€¦ my two cents