Queries do not work reliably when there is a relatively large number of files

This following issue has been marked as resolved. However, I am still having this issue with v0.12.17 for a vault with around 3500 notes.

Embedded queries do not work reliably when there is a relatively large number of files and queries - Bug reports - Obsidian Forum

I can’t reproduce anymore on the test vault you shared a while back. Does it happen in safe mode?

Yes. It happened for me with my main vault when turning on safe mode.

For instance, one query gives me the following blank results. I guess it should say something like “0 results from the query” if there are no results.

This is a another problem that has nothing to do with the number of files or anything. Just write a query that return no results in the help vault and you’ll get the same issue.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I did not make myself clear.

Since it did not say anything about no results are returned, I am not sure if the query actually returns no results or the query is still trying to load results. If I remember correctly, in an earlier version of Obsidian, it would give some red message saying that there are no results, if the query finds no results.

I am aware of that. we’ll look into this issue as well

1 Like