Pasting formatted text results in doubled newlines

Steps to reproduce

1. In Apple Notes, copy any block of standard text that contains newlines with cmd-C
  2. Paste the text into any note in Obsidian with cmd-P

Expected result

The text that was copied appears in Obsidian

Actual result

The text that was copied appears in Obsidian, but every newline now has an extra newline after it. e.g. a single-space list becomes a double-spaced list

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Big Sur
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.2
    Installer version: v0.13.31
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 20.6.0: Mon Aug 30 06:12:20 PDT 2021; root:xnu-7195.141.6~3/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 20.6.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

WORKAROUND: This problem doesn’t exist if you paste without formatting, as seen in this similar thread:

But I haven’t found any workaround for pasting text with formatting without getting doubled newlines

Thanks you for this! That thread deals with the same issue and I apologize for not reading it.

When I saw the issue happen on Apple Notes, Apple Mail, Spike Mail, and Terminal, I just assumed it was universal, but it seems that this problem actually doesn’t exist on most other apps.

(I did see the above thread before I posted, but the fact that it was in the bug graveyard, and only dealt with notes and reminders, and talked about “extra characters”, made me ignore it and assume it was an old unrelated bug that had been fixed)