I am trying to find a way to create an outline note that shows a tree outline of my current folders/files. That would be a meta-file explorer that maintains a live TOC of files and would support:
- moving entries around the TOC, into different folders and up/down within the same folder.
- using a meaningful alias for each entry (Citations can generate less useful filenames from Zotero)
- allowing collapsing/expanding branches
- dynamically updating when files are added/deleted
- emulating File Explorer when you click on/preview/delete a note
I know many people prefer flattened vaults and links/tags, but in my workflow tree structuring+links/tags is essential. So far, I have experimented with aliases, Outliner, File Tree Alternative, Bartender, Citations. I considered Dataview but it looks complicated for this.
How would you do this?