That is good to hear! Can you share how you accomplished it?
What is your setup? (device types and OSes and number)
Did you ever experience this problem, or did yours work straight away?
Finally, what process did you use to setup both your vaults and sync on the different devices?
For me, I originally tried to use iCloud Drive as the sync method. My main computer is a Windows 10 PC and I had the “Microsoft Store” version of the iCloud app installed. Like many others (seemingly also with Windows using iCloud) there were odd file copies being created that literally “breaks” the Osidian vault (you can’t open any file at times and indexing stalls). There was a recommendation to download the old iCloud version from Apple, which I did, but the same problem happened. While it was working, everything synced just fine including all plugins and themes, etc.
Because of the random duplicate corrupted files issue, I decided to plunk down my money for a year subscription and use Obsidian Sync.
My setup process:
- From my Windows PC, I moved my vault to my local drive without any type of other cloud storage replication.
- I then created a remote vault through Obsidian Sync with the same vault name and started to sync everything (with every option enabled)
- I waited for this process to finish where it said “Fully Synced” (I have around 2,600 notes)
- I then created an empty vault on my iPhone on local-internal storage (not using iCloud) of the same name.
- I enabled Obsidian Sync on my iPhone, pointing to the same (and only) remote vault.
- I enabled all sync options for plugins, settings, themes, etc., and then let it sync (I saw that it synced the plugins and themes)
- I followed the same exact process on my iPad that I used for the iPhone, again enabling all options
My plugins and themes and settings are not carrying over to my iPhone or iPad (even though it looks as though they synced).
As I said earlier, I tried disabling and re-enabling the options to sync settings and plugins… but nothing changed.
One interesting fact, when I went into “Appearance” and themes, all the themes were present and I was able to select the one I wanted, but it didn’t happen automatically.
While themes do show up as “available”, the Community Plugins shows “0 installed plugins”, even though I saw them sync.
I’m at a bit of a loss, but this is important for me for this paid service.
I am certain I could have missed reading something or did something wrong… but to the best of my ability I haven’t figured out a fix to this issue.