Notice blocks - warning, info, success, danger blocks

@Keithm999: yep, that works fine. Many thanks for your help.

1 other question: would it be possible to search for a note on the basis of its colour? If so, what syntax should one use?

As far as I can tell - no, but my Obsidian kung-fu is very weak. You probably would be better off asking “is it possible to find all code blocks of specific language?” in a separate post.

Well, I am happy to tell you that I can give something in return for your idea of these coloured pages.

If you search for e.g. note-danger, or any of the other language expressions, Obsidian will find the note. That occurred to me in the middle of the night. :smiley:

1 Like

Great, thank you! :slight_smile:

Doesn’t using a code block limit many formatting possibilities?
I’m tinkering with HTML using block quotes for this use-case.

@NilsHempelof course it does, but what @mklepaczewski proposes is just a visual way to draw attention to a certain aspect of a note.

Another way to flag a particular aspect is to use a #tag.

An example of this in use with an actively developed wiki would be the color codes on Super Memo Guru

1 Like

Another, somewhat easier way of achieving a coloured paragraph is putting inline <p style="color:white;background-color:green">a paragraph of text text</p>.

3 Likes

I had no idea you could just insert HTML like this! Works beautifully. I’ve made a couple of Keyboard Maestro macros which wraps selected texts, to give it the background.

You should put that in the Share & showcase forum.

Just to link threads in the forum, I point out that there is already an admonition plugin request here

Awesome, thanks!

My take on @mklepaczewski great notice blocks css, with the addition of pulsating gutter markers that can be used together or separately.

Usage in a note:

```bullet-pulse-red
```
```note-red
RED
```

A gist of the CSS can be found here gist

5 Likes

I tried your CSS snippet but the text in the box has white shading.
danger
I use the default light theme and Obsidian 0.11.0.
Could you help me avoid this?

1 Like

any solution to this issue? regarding the white shadow? @mklepaczewski

i would agree, asciidoc would be necessary.

But for the solit here: why not use ‘note’ or ‘warning’ for the css names?

Obsidian’s internal feature seems enough for me. I tried embed link to heading, combined with emoji icon.

![[foo#:bulb:tip1]]

file foo.md placing notice blocks.

##:bulb:tip1

here’s my tip.

Here’s some notice example

:bulb:Tip

Better comprehension to the text.

:memo:Note

A simple summary.

:information_source: Important

Don’t forget to Do sth.

:x: Caution