Not to be confused with Obsidian’s URL scheme
Add support for
url: tag in YAML header files, like we already have support for
--- aliases: [My Alias] tags: [myTag] url: https://www.myfavoriteblog.com/posts/myFavoriteArticle ---
- Users could Opt-Click a note name and Obsidian would automatically open the note’s associated URL in their default browser
- This allows each note to optionally have an associated URL just like apps like DEVONThink.
- Perfect for Zettelkasten literature notes
- Simple, first class metadata support which can be used by future Obsidian updates and third-party plugins
Room for Future Development
- since a URL could be other apps, not just websites, the URL could be anything, including DT, Drafts, or OmniFocus URL’s.
- Obsidian could automatically find backlinks for any time that URL was mentioned in other notes
- Obsidian could create “clipper” extensions for browsers like Chrome (like Evernote’s web clipper). When a website is clipped, the URL would be auto added to the
url:field in the YAML header
- Obsidian could automatically fetch metadata from that URL. See: Automatically fetch and import metadata using Open Graph Protocol -> YAML Metadata