New plugin: No More Flickering Inline Math

New in v0.3.0:
:tada: Now this plugin automatically removes hidden braces when you escape from an inline math!

Hi all,

Let me share my new plugin No More Flickering Inline Math, which lets you work with inline math much more comfortably!

With this plugin, you will be no longer disturbed by the flickering inline math!

Turned OFF Turned ON
Turned OFF Turned ON

Thank you to those who shared their ideas on the forum!

Installation

You can find it in Obsidianā€™s community plugins browser.

Also, you can participate in the beta-testing of the latest version by installing it using BRAT.

How does it work?

Itā€™s simple. Obsidian doesnā€™t recognize $[space]...$ or $...[space]$ as a math.
So, when an inline math $...$ is found, this plugin inserts {} at the beginning and end of it:

${} ... {}$

These brackets are then hidden so that you are not disturbed by them.

And importantly, they are automatically deleted when you escape from $...$, so you donā€™t need to worry about messing up your notes with braces!

Note:
If youā€™re interested in whatā€™s going on under the hood, go to the plugin setting > Debug mode, and turn on ā€œDisable decorationsā€.

But just in case, this plugin also offers the following commands to surely clean up the braces:

• Clean up braces in this note
  • Clean up braces in all the opened notes