Navigating with Fn+Arrows Doesn't Work Properly on MacOS

Steps to reproduce

• Open a document with more than one page of text (e.g. Obsidian Help, Start Here)
  • Fn+Down arrow should scroll down in the document without moving the cursor, but it moves the cursor. (Same thing for Fn+Up)
  • Compare with another MacOS Document editor (I tested with iA Writer and TextEdit), which should scroll down one page without moving the cursor
  • Reference the Mac Keyboard Shortcuts list, specifically under “Document Shortcuts”
  • Fn-Up Arrow: Page Up: Scroll up one page.
  • Fn-Down Arrow: Page Down: Scroll down one page.

Similar Issue for Fn+Left/Right

• Fn+Right arrow should scroll to the end the document without moving the cursor, but it only goes to the end of the line, and moves the cursor. (Same thing for Fn+Left)
  • Fn-Left Arrow: Home: Scroll to the beginning of a document.
  • Fn-Right Arrow: End: Scroll to the end of a document.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS 15.15.7
  • Obsidian version: v0.11.0
1 Like

This is more a feature request—these macOS niceties don’t come default in Electron apps and need to be implemented. Moving it!

Aside: I might be able to implement this with the macOS alt keyboard navigation plugin… Create an issue in the GitHub repo if you get the chance? Feel free to copy+paste from above.

Thanks for the info and the quick reply! I created an issue, and I’m going to try out your plugin now

1 Like