Mouse cursor color [SOLVED - NOT !]

In a dark theme with Andy’s sliding panes it is difficult/impossible to see the mouse cursor when is is on one of the dark note “spines”. I am on macOS.

The GIF also shows the cursor is visible in the black, non-spine part of the note.
Is there a way to get the cursor to change color then?

I found the solution.

Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display

Drag the slide for cursor size a bit. This will not only change the size of the cursor, but also keep it as an arrow with a white outline, not change it tp a black horizontal bar as in the GIF.

1 Like

EDIT

This solution is not permanent. When changing vault, or refreshing the cursor is back to what it was before, so I have to do the System Preferences > Accessibility > Display bit again.

1 Like

Hi @Klaas, I’m unable to reproduce the cursor you’re seeing in the default Dark theme. Instead I get a white outline around mine.

Since it looks like you’re using a custom theme, could you make sure that the Base Theme is still set to Dark?

@liam: I don’t understand what you mean. How can the custom theme be set to dark independently of the Base Theme? AFAIK, the set the custom theme to dark you have to go to settings > appearance > choose “dark” from the drop-down.

In any case, that is how my settings are.

The base theme specifies whether Obsidian loads a light or dark theme when opening. For example, if your base theme is set to “light,” whenever you open the app, your theme will be light and you will have to manually change the appearance to dark.

I also cannot reproduce the cursor you have. Do you have the same issue when using the default theme?

@JonathanBuchh:

Yes, so that is the setting I referred to in my previous comment. And when the base theme is set to dark there is no way the custom theme can be set to light, which is what @liam’s comment suggests to me.

I don’t have a funny cursor, I have a normal one, except that it changes from an arrow to a black bar when it is moved over a dark note spine in Andy mode.

The workaround is to do what I described in my 2nd comment near the top of this page. That works for a while, then it reverts back. I don’t see any other solution.