Minimal Theme

I don’t use H4-H6 headers very often, but today I noticed that the hash signs are not dimmed/muted. I tried to look in the Minimal CSS to create a snippet for that, but I could use some pointers!

This should be fixed now.

1 Like

Found it, it’s under the cm-fat-cursor where the width is 5px. Changed it 10px. Now the cursor is more “block”

Is there any way to display the filename as the title of the note? I noticed California Coast does it, it would be great to have this option on Minimal.

It seems that my tags are being rendered in pill-style only in Edit Mode, while they are shown like text in Preview Mode. Can I have them rendered in pill-style in Preview Mode too?

On the left is Edit Mode, and Preview Mode is on the right.
Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

I also use Minimal and don’t remember this behavior to be native. But maybe I’m wrong. In any case, I know you are not looking for a snippet, but if you end up interested in one, I have been using this one. It works pretty nicely with custom tags :metal:t4:

1 Like

This is fixed if you download the latest version

1 Like

Can you explain, what is the benefit of this feature? I don’t understand why someone would use it since the title is already displayed at the top of the note.

I export notes to pdf regularly. Currently, the only way I have to display the title in the export is to type/copy-paste it into the note. This feature will save me that step, particularly useful when exporting several notes at once.

Hi Kepano, thank you for sharing such a great theme!

But it seems multi paragraph quotes under list not rendering line breaks properly in preview mode.

In Editor:

What I expect in Preview (In Original CSS):

Actual Result in Preview:

Background Info:

• Obsidian v0.10.11
  • Minimal Theme v2.5.2
  • Minimal Theme Settings v2.5.0
  • Hider v1.0.5

I know that using two spaces at the end will force a new line. You may need to play around with the “strict line breaks” option in the “editor” section. However, I too am seeing the same preview presentation with the minimal theme. The default theme renders correctly.

Well, I tried. but it seems doesn’t work. Actually, This problem occurs only when line breaks quoted in a list.

Just updated Minimal Theme to 2.5.4 — try this version and let me know how it works for you.

Kepano, thank you! I have updated v2.5.4 and it’s fixed!

Hey there,

really appreciate your work kepano!

I encountered weird issues when I try to render Icons.

Editor Mode:

View Mode:

The Icon is rendered like an inserted picture… Do you have a clue why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Ha! Brings new meaning to “smiling from ear-to-ear” That’s great! Maybe this is just a undocumented feature?

I have not seen anything like that and am not able to reproduce it on Mac. Is this an emoji? What OS are you using? Are you able to use Developer Tools to inspect the issue?

I’m not seeing the stretched emoji on MacOS. Using latest theme version. Obsidian 0.10.12

Yes, this is an emoji. They are integrated in Win10 (win + period).

System Information:

• Obsidian: v.0.10.11
  • Minimal Theme: Newest Version

I am not quite sure if this is an appropriate way to document it. And neither am I comfortable using the Dev Tools :smiley: Anyway, I gave it a try. Hopefully, the snippets can help to fix that error.

This is how the default theme displays the emoji:

This is how Minimal Theme displays the emoji:

Haha @jtmusky , thanks for making me smile with your comment :smile:

Glad you enjoyed the comment! :grinning:

• I just tried the emoji on my work windows 10 machine using v0.10.12. the emoji rendered as expected. Pulled the latest theme version as of this comment. Still displayed as expected.

Oh, thank you teaching me “win + .” for emoji pop-up! Now I know why it pops up randomly. Because I was too lazy to duckduckgo it. Ha!